Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
21661 - 21680 of 21689 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Few people believe it's a hoax, but many people see the odds as well in their favour of either never getting it, or surviving it. They may also not trust large pharmaceutical companies who are offering medications rushed through trials. They don't share your idea of the odds.
Fair enough. But they also don’t understand the concept of herd immunity, and how it’s the actions of those of us who got vaccinated are also helping to protect them.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
The trouble is those groups continue to deny the overwhelming of the hospitals. We are watching this happen right now in real time in many spots in the US. It wasn’t long ago here that they had to set up a field hospital here in Toronto, and there was an anti vaxx/lockdown protest literally blocks away from these hospitals, doctors and nurses staffing these ERs watching these idiots literally walking by these hospitals.

And if you confront them with these facts, they simply flip to the people there aren’t there because of covid. Some conspiracy theory, whichever one seems handy. The sad truth is, it’s these very people that are now causing people with medical emergencies having to desperately look for hospitals further away that can take them, because these selfish pricks have filled up the hospitals.

If it happens here again, deny them ICU beds if they’re not vaccinated. I’m not kidding. Divert those ones to the field hospital. Allow the rest of us access to proper hospital services.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
I thought herd immunity might be possible at the beginning of this thing, but given that even those who have been jabbed and double-jabbed continue to become infected — although often asymptomatic — coronavirus does not lack for hosts. At some point COVID will stop successfully mutating and likely run its course, hopefully for a long time.

Fair enough. But they also don’t understand the concept of herd immunity, and how it’s the actions of those of us who got vaccinated are also helping to protect them.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
I thought herd immunity might be possible at the beginning of this thing, but given that even those who have been jabbed and double-jabbed continue to become infected — although often asymptomatic — coronavirus does not lack for hosts. At some point COVID will stop successfully mutating and likely run its course, hopefully for a long time.
That would be nice. We shall see, as Dr G likes to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
It seems most medical experts have said at this point, that infection rates in the vaccinated are lower than the unvaccinated. It appears they are currently studying this more and more as really, our vaccinated population is still relatively months old, so I wouldn’t be making presumptions about this quite yet. I would say, a combination of much higher vaccination rates with tweaked boosters perhaps a year from now (guessing there) and much lower infection rates and hopefully, the virus will die out, or be something of a regional minor outbreak thing. What we are currently facing though, is the fact that there is still millions of unvaccinated people and with the delta being far more infectious and apparently causing more serious disease, we could be looking at a tough fall winter with hospitalizations of the unvaccinated. If the US is any indication. I’m watching what happens now as those southern states are leaking with 90-100% capacity in their hospitals.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
All seems quiet today on the western front. That Delta variant is definitely kicking ass in some previously “successful” places like Texas and Florida. New Zealand went into lockdown for three days when a SINGLE case of Covid19 was discovered. Unfortunately for places that dealt with CoVid effectively through lockdowns, not so many people have been vaccinated yet, leaving them vulnerable. Meanwhile the governor of Texas, a staunch anti-masker, has now got CoVid, despite being fully vaccinated, with some other drugs thrown in for good measure.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
Today on social media I’m seeing trumpets (love that autocorrect changers trumpers to trumpets, fitting) really really wanting to hang the Afghan thing on Biden, but it was Trump that negotiated with the taliban and pretty much handed it all back to them. If they had stuck to his timeline it’d been worse.

A few fun meme selections from today :)

I seem to recall a number of republican types here that defended both wars pretty valiantly. We would all see the brilliance of said wars someday. Oh we see! Now they’re shaking their heads pointing fingers. Funny how that ends up being the result…

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Asymtompatic and generating variants.

Meanwhile the governor of Texas, a staunch anti-masker, has now got CoVid, despite being fully vaccinated, with some other drugs thrown in for good measure.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
The covidiots seem to be very obsessed with this idea that it’s the vaccinated that is generating the variants like the alpha delta lambda etc.

Except that the current variants happened before we vaccinated people. You’d think this would dawn, but NOPE. :ROFLMAO:

So keep winding people up macfury with the shit you know is lies.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
So the cyber ninjas clown show apparently was supposed to release their sham results, but I guess even that was put on hold because get this, the cyber ninja dudes got covid.

You cant make this stuff up. Maybe in two weeks? :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
So the cyber ninjas clown show apparently was supposed to release their sham results, but I guess even that was put on hold because get this, the cyber ninja dudes got covid.

You cant make this stuff up. Maybe in two weeks? :ROFLMAO:
Latest I’ve heard is that the end of the world—er, I mean Trump’s reinstatement—will happen by December 31. As for the proof of election fraud, well, we all know how that turned out. And there will be people who believe Mike Lindell proves his case. I wouldn’t be surprised if Macfury is one of them.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
It's probably true. I won't buy from companies that cater to aging wokesters.

They are that. At least he’s got that going for him, even if now he’ll only be successful in selling to about 30% of the population.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Well he's gonna have to sell an awful lot of pillows to fund the major lawsuit he's been hit with.
True dat. Sydney and Rudy too. It would be nice if they all have to face some kind of substantial penalty for mouthing off. Even better if Trump did.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
They’ll just blame the “aging wokesters” who didn’t get rid of their gut. Whatever that might be. Must be bad and angers them, so maybe it’s good I don’t know :)

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Speaking out against the government? They should reduce their chocolate rations.

True dat. Sydney and Rudy too. It would be nice if they all have to face some kind of substantial penalty for mouthing off. Even better if Trump did.

21661 - 21680 of 21689 Posts