Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

21501 - 21520 of 21525 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,610 Posts
Oh, Canada!

Ouch!

So we’re shooting forward on fully vaccinated now, passing 15% at an average of almost a 1% a day… and it’s not even mid June yet, got any more sky is falling beauties for us?

LOL

How’s the dominion machines voted for biden just wait for Trump in 2 weeks ones going?

weeeeeee.

I wanna hear more about cancel culture from the people who cancelled plenty of cultures already too.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
I was looking at some world data and Canada seemed to lag behind many countries on both first shots and "fully vaccinated" (Canada 4.6% vs. US 40.2%). We're slightly ahead of the US on "at least one dose" (53.7 vs. 50.3) but the wide availability of one-dose vaccines in the US and not in Canada makes the comparison awkward.

On the world scale, Canada rates 97th place for percentage of population fully vaccinated.
Canada is now lagging at 12.2% fully vaccinated. That's 88th place in the world. We're being trounced by far less wealthy nations... but very proud of our progress.

·
peek-a-boo
16,610 Posts
Notice how he moves the goal posts. First he quotes the fully vaccinated of the eligible population 12+, now he references the percentage of the entire population. 88th… I thought we were 97th? By less wealthy nations, did you also mean nations with a fraction of our population too?? Gee, what’s happening man?????

Bu-bu-but you said we wouldn’t reach 20% until early October! We’ll be there in a week at this pace and it’s picking up!

wrong again! Weeeeeeee!

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
There’s a lottery with three prizes of $1 million dollars each in Alberta to motivate people to get vaccinated. Not a strategy I agree with, but it may help here in Texas of the North. We’re almost at 70% of people who’ve had their first shot.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Canada is now lagging at 12.2% fully vaccinated. That's 88th place in the world. We're being trounced by far less wealthy nations... but very proud of our progress.
And your point is? The percentage of people who’ve had their first dose is considerably higher than that and even one does offers substantial benefits.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
My point is that Canada's performance is shockingly poor for a G7 nation.

And your point is? The percentage of people who’ve had their first dose is considerably higher than that and even one does offers substantial benefits.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
Bragging about a first dose is kind of like boasting about the number of students who handed in half their assignments.

·
peek-a-boo
16,610 Posts
You can point out all the facts you want but the best you can do is laugh about it. There isn’t any truth to the cherry picked yesterday’s numbers so I’m just poking some fun.

I think he’s already forgotten about the chicken little news link he posted about the 20% in October prediction.

·
peek-a-boo
16,610 Posts
Bragging about a first dose is kind of like boasting about the number of students who handed in half their assignments.
Yes because first doses are useless and there was no strategy in this at all.

boooooooooring.

in any case, Health Canada announced today that because we are getting so many vaccines now, all Canadians will be able to be fully vaccinated by September. Likely similar timelines as the G7.

Wrong again!

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday, so you can add me to wherever we’re at for “fully vaccinated.”

·
peek-a-boo
16,610 Posts
A much clearer metric would be doses per 100. Because that would take away the useless argument of whether or not the strategy of getting as many first doses to as many people as possible, was a good one or not.

In that case, the only two countries ahead of Canada in the G7 are the US and the UK.

So, the Trudeau derangement syndrome crowd will have to do a whole lot better than that lame attempt.

·
peek-a-boo
16,610 Posts
Got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday, so you can add me to wherever we’re at for “fully vaccinated.”
Awesome. Here in Ontario, Ford has so badly bungled the vaccine rollout that it’s turned into a hunger games of sorts. I have to drive an hour outside of the city for my second shot, many I know can’t even get an appointment, the site crashes repeatedly, and all we get from Ford is “Folks, you wouldn’t believe the logistics of this!”. Maybe he should learn from the USs rollout and stop the pathetic constant blaming of others. Other provinces seem to be handling it with much less nonsense.

·
peek-a-boo
16,610 Posts
McCarthy slams Biden for giving 'Putin a pass' after years of silence on Trump's relationship with Russian president
AHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

And he probably said it with a straight face too :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
With all of these vaccine selfies being posted, I hear that people are starting to share selfies of their enemas on social media as well.

21501 - 21520 of 21525 Posts