Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

21361 - 21380 of 21393 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Ah so now it's a conspiracy.

The troll never stops, nor provides any real facts. Just some nonsense that he and his libertarian fools made up. But I bet he "knows some doctors". ;)

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
That has not been my experience, but I understand what you’re saying. I can also say when someone leaves a hospital in Canada, they are but saddled with bills for even basic care that would bankrupt them unless they can afford private health insurance. You seem to be deliberately downplaying the positive aspects of the Canadian healthcare system.
I am not deliberately downplaying anything. I am saying it is not perfect and has a lot of issues. With a doctor shortage service will go down. I was lucky enough to get a family doctor 12 years or so ago when I had a 2 week vacation at my local hospital when I found out I was a Type 1 diabetic. They found a doctor for me because of my condition and I am thankful for that, but I know others who have been on the hunt for years to find a spot with any doctor, good reviews or not. I am thankful for our hospitals, nurses and doctors but do recognize there are issues, and a shortage of doctors is a very big one.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
I am not deliberately downplaying anything. I am saying it is not perfect and has a lot of issues. With a doctor shortage service will go down. I was lucky enough to get a family doctor 12 years or so ago when I had a 2 week vacation at my local hospital when I found out I was a Type 1 diabetic. They found a doctor for me because of my condition and I am thankful for that, but I know others who have been on the hunt for years to find a spot with any doctor, good reviews or not. I am thankful for our hospitals, nurses and doctors but do recognize there are issues, and a shortage of doctors is a very big one.
At least in Alberta, that’s a problem that’s going to get worse with the treatment of doctors by Kenney’s UCP government. We shall see.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
I agree the doctor shortage is a real issue here in Ontario. But quoting useless stats on budget when we’ve had right wing or right wing ‘lite’ governments who constantly pander to corporations with huge tax cuts is going to only make the budget share worse.

in the states we’ve heard the conservatives clutching their pearls over the deficit, that is until Trump got in and handed the biggest tax smorgasbord to rich corporations in history skyrocketing the deficit way over a trillion but did you see them still clutching their pearls? Of course not. Now they want to slash ‘entitlements’ like social security and Medicaid. To give more billions to people like bezos!!

there has to be some sanity, and unfortunately there isn’t likely going to be any as long as there are those who just insist on flinging just horsesh!t around.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I am thankful for our hospitals, nurses and doctors but do recognize there are issues, and a shortage of doctors is a very big one.
But that doctor shortage is a feature of the system, not an oversight. Even at 41% of government spending, they still need to ration care over time.

Average wait time for an MRI in Toronto is two months. Average time in Buffalo, NY is two days. Take a look at the pricing schedule"

At those low prices, ask yourself why OHIP has never bused patients to Buffalo to speed up diagnostic services.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
I was just wondering why Canada’s wait times would be 30 times what the US is. If, it is indeed not longer than 2 months... Because according to the stats I found, America has 4 times the number of mri machines that Canada has per million(40 per million vs 10) but somehow, the wait times in Canada is as stated, 30 times the US, not 4 times as one would think. So, which healthcare system, is “attentuated” by design here??

interesting what one finds if you take a minute to check on something. Simple mathematics would tell a much different story than what macfury is trying to peddle.

The idea that the doctor shortage is a ‘feature’ seems to be a conspiracy theory without merit.

Unless there’s real proof of this, which, I’m not holding my breath for ;)

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
So while it continues to whisper pure nonsense about healthcare... who remembers the troll going off about the dominion machines... I sure do!

well, it turns out, Sidney Powell, the shrieking trumpster being sued by dominion voting machines for 1.3 billion, has now said that no reasonable person would believe what she said!

ha ha ha ha. “No reasonable person”. Couldn’t have said it better myself 😂

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Alright. So I made my point.

who thinks Cuomo should resign? I do.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
So while it continues to whisper pure nonsense about healthcare... who remembers the troll going off about the dominion machines... I sure do!

well, it turns out, Sidney Powell, the shrieking trumpster being sued by dominion voting machines for 1.3 billion, has now said that no reasonable person would believe what she said!

ha ha ha ha. “No reasonable person”. Couldn’t have said it better myself
Haha! Yeah I read that. Man, if even she can see through the bullish!t, what’s everyone else’s excuse? Especially troll-boy.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts

ha ha ha ha. “No reasonable person”. Couldn’t have said it better myself
I don’t know a lot about Cuomo, but what I’ve learned so far does not sound good. I wonder how Chris is managing?

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I think he shouldn't resign. This looks like the lesser of two evils — a way to get him out of office before his cover up of COVID-19 nursing home deaths can be fully investigated.

I don’t know a lot about Cuomo, but what I’ve learned so far does not sound good. I wonder how Chris is managing?

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Do you really think those women came forward with these allegations with the express purpose to help him get out of this investigation? That seems a little far fetched to me. Not to mention pretty dismissive of these crimes.

I think he should resign, and not get off the hook for the long term care home thing. There’s a lot of other politicians I can think of that should be nailed on that one as well. Starting right here in Ontario.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Do you really think those women came forward with these allegations with the express purpose to help him get out of this investigation? That seems a little far fetched to me. Not to mention pretty dismissive of these crimes.

I think he should resign, and not get off the hook for the long term care home thing. There’s a lot of other politicians I can think of that should be nailed on that one as well. Starting right here in Ontario.
Al Franken resigned over much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Well, I suppose not everyone sees sexual assault as something to be taken seriously, but rather as some sort of political bargaining chip.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
I think he shouldn't resign. This looks like the lesser of two evils — a way to get him out of office before his cover up of COVID-19 nursing home deaths can be fully investigated.
I'm not too concerned about the cover-up, that's pretty much business as usual for all upper level polieticians. As an aside, I note that none of the Kovid Kool-aid Klatch has the slightest concern about the TrueDopes post-SNC shenanigans.

I am concerned about learning whether he was the one directing hospitals to ship Covid patients off to LTC as soon as they were out of immediate danger. There was sufficient knowledge already available from China to classify the deaths that policy caused as deliberate homicides. If he played a part in that decision or was even partly responsible for keeping the policy in place when the devastation caused became obvious, he should be facing a jury.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Nothing like some unsubstantiated conspiracy nonsense to start your Sunday to eh?

I have to chuckle at the flip flopping between “covid is a hoax” and “Trudope committing murder”. If you’re gonna make something up at least get your story straight ;)

man this is getting boring. Is there -anything- here that at least tries to follow some factual info? I know people like o hide behind the whole ‘it’s your opinion’ and the ever popular ehmac post it and it’s facts stuff but come on. No wonder no one participates.

Oh I know. Demanding actual facts is “abrasive”. We can’t have facts get in the way of some good farts can we?

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I'm not too concerned about the cover-up, that's pretty much business as usual for all upper level polieticians.
It's simply a matter of which scandal the Democrat party wants to see covered. The New York State nursing home scandal would be far more damaging than allowing the emerging sexual harassment accusations to take all the air out of the room, and remove Cuomo before he can be investigated for the first as a sitting governor.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
I agree, it’s all a matter of perspective. Sometimes, all you have to do is make something up. Frame it a certain way, because it sounds good. It doesn’t matter if there isn’t a shred of anything that could possibly, actually support it. But hey, why not take serious sexual assault allegations from women and use it. It’s not like they should be taken seriously right? But when it comes to looking for a way to take a shot at something you don’t personally like, nothing is off the table. No level is too low to sink.

it is indeed, sad. Putting it mildly.

i was kinda wondering, what vertiscope’s client list would think of with advertising on a forum where overtly racist thread titles (given recent anti-Asian violence spikes) and this kind of low down sexism rampantly spewed here. This is, being offered as a ‘technology community’, not “I think these women might be making it up or are being used to help Cuomo” thing. Pretty sure most other forums wouldn’t allow any of it. For good reasons, regardless of what you may think of it.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
I agree, it’s all a matter of perspective. Sometimes, all you have to do is make something up. Frame it a certain way, because it sounds good. It doesn’t matter if there isn’t a shred of anything that could possibly, actually support it. But hey, why not take serious sexual assault allegations from women and use it. It’s not like they should be taken seriously right? But when it comes to looking for a way to take a shot at something you don’t personally like, nothing is off the table. No level is too low to sink.

it is indeed, sad. Putting it mildly.

i was kinda wondering, what vertiscope’s client list would think of with advertising on a forum where overtly racist thread titles (given recent anti-Asian violence spikes) and this kind of low down sexism rampantly spewed here. This is, being offered as a ‘technology community’, not “I think these women might be making it up or are being used to help Cuomo” thing. Pretty sure most other forums wouldn’t allow any of it. For good reasons, regardless of what you may think of it.
Can you imagine someone wanting to be a moderator here after the genie’s been out of the bottle for this many years?

21361 - 21380 of 21393 Posts