ehMac banner

20961 - 20980 of 21207 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Actually, Dr. Google, It's the medical community and researchers who identify the possibility of this effect. If you and your colleague Dr. Now! looked beyond the "top search results selected for you" you might be better informed.

Perhaps you should explain that to the medical personnel who have been wearing masks for years. I’m sure they’d appreciate the information coming from an expert such as yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
Actually, Dr. Google, It's the medical community and researchers who identify the possibility of this effect. If you and your colleague Dr. Now! looked beyond the "top search results selected for you" you might be better informed.
Please read Pollywog’s post #20951 again.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
Please read Pollywog’s post #20951 again.
He's just butthurt. He's not interested in expert medical opinions because apparently, if it can be found on google, it's bad.

Let him believe that masks might kill him.

who cares?

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
He's just butthurt. He's not interested in expert medical opinions because apparently, if it can be found on google, it's bad.

Let him believe that masks might kill him.

who cares?
He doesn’t even trust the experience of a fellow ehMacer!

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
Of course Doctors do not breath entirely through medical masks as there are enough gaps that air flows around the mask as well as through it. Even so they are aware that the dangers of Hypoxia and or Hypercapnea do still exist, so the air in operating theatres is enriched with additional Oxygen.

Again not something mentioned on the lamestream. I learned this via the simplest of routes. I asked a local surgeon.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
I asked a local doctor and he said it was true!

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
Of course Doctors do not breath entirely through medical masks as there are enough gaps that air flows around the mask as well as through it. Even so they are aware that the dangers of Hypoxia and or Hypercapnea do still exist, so the air in operating theatres is enriched with additional Oxygen.

Again not something mentioned on the lamestream. I learned this via the simplest of routes. I asked a local surgeon.
The air flows around the mask for regular people too. Your point? The purpose of the mask is so that if you sneeze or cough you don’t spread your mucousy droplets across the room for someone else to breathe in. It’s about helping others more than yourself. This shouldn’t be so hard to understand.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
This guy followed me around into the shang giving me medical advice for a friend I had with copd and covid. And doohickey is calling us dr google. Really beyond stupidity at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts

I am eager to hear how your less than medical grade mask caused a significant drop in saturation and heart rate elevation, then. Is it Saran Wrap? If not it will have the same gaps, or worse. How come you can have a properly fitted mask, but professionals can't?

If your mask causes a ~10% drop in saturation after two minutes, and we assume the same for surgeons, just how much oxygen do you think they need to pump into the environment to compensate? I'd be more worried about going up in an explosion than suffocation.

There's a neat study about surgery, masks and deoxygenation. It's from 2008. In all cases, the difference was 1% or less. Not 10%. Not after 2 minutes. Less that 1%, after several orders of magnitude MORE time passing than you're reporting. While on their feet, in a stressful environment. In all cases, SpO2 was still above 95%.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
Don't the medical staff in ERs all mask up with surgical masks then N95s on top of that? Pretty sure it's crucial they make sure there's no air gaps, and even more sure they aren't pumping 10% oxygen throughout all the ER and all hallways.

I think either we're dealing with a total nincompoop or a troll. And it's macfury's buddy to boot. :)

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
The mind boggles. I will continue to wear my cloth mask at work because a) it’s required, and b) it’s not that much of an imposition to show consideration toward others. Thanks for the info, Polywog. It helps counter the gaslighting.

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
The mind boggles. I will continue to wear my cloth mask at work because a) it’s required, and b) it’s not that much of an imposition to show consideration toward others. Thanks for the info, Polywog. It helps counter the gaslighting.
I wonder if there is a trend that will be moving away from cloth masks. I have dropped in at 2 clients offices that no longer allow for cloth masks and ask that you use their medical masks. First I had heard of this and then had 2 places in one day.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
I wonder if there is a trend that will be moving away from cloth masks. I have dropped in at 2 clients offices that no longer allow for cloth masks and ask that you use their medical masks. First I had heard of this and then had 2 places in one day.
I wouldn’t doubt it, the threat of the newer variants seem to be concerning experts, and while the conspiracy twits will twist that as they have been doing this whole time, truthfully they are likely running clinical trials and gathering data because they still aren’t completely sure how much more contagious these variants are (though recently they seem more sure of that as data comes in) Or, if the new variants are deadlier or not. So I’m seeing recommendations moving towards more medical grade masks. Also, manufacturing capacity of medical grade masks have ramped up, so perhaps that’s also a factor, that they’re more available now to the public.

But of course, as recommendations change over time as data and more research comes in, that’s all the proof the nuts need to scream that Fauci lied or is ‘in on it’... take your pick.

I bet though, that even if this whole thing gets resolved and things are back to normal, (whatever that really means) it’s likely you’ll see many people still wearing masks. Probably not a bad idea in crowded situations like public transit etc to keep flu numbers down.

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
I wouldn’t doubt it, the threat of the newer variants seem to be concerning experts, and while the conspiracy twits will twist that as they have been doing this whole time, truthfully they are likely running clinical trials and gathering data because they still aren’t completely sure how much more contagious these variants are (though recently they seem more sure of that as data comes in) Or, if the new variants are deadlier or not. So I’m seeing recommendations moving towards more medical grade masks. Also, manufacturing capacity of medical grade masks have ramped up, so perhaps that’s also a factor, that they’re more available now to the public.

But of course, as recommendations change over time as data and more research comes in, that’s all the proof the nuts need to scream that Fauci lied or is ‘in on it’... take your pick.

I bet though, that even if this whole thing gets resolved and things are back to normal, (whatever that really means) it’s likely you’ll see many people still wear masks. Probably not a bad idea in crowded situations like public transit etc to keep flu numbers down.
There has been a definite difference here health wise. Don't think we have had anyone down and out with a cold or flu at all this year. I know I usually get a bad cold come November/December. Nothing so far! I hope it is not considered a mandatory thing in the future, I can see people doing it out of consideration when they are sick but I really do not want to see this become the norm.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
There has been a definite difference here health wise. Don't think we have had anyone down and out with a cold or flu at all this year. I know I usually get a bad cold come November/December. Nothing so far! I hope it is not considered a mandatory thing in the future, I can see people doing it out of consideration when they are sick but I really do not want to see this become the norm.
I doubt it'll be mandatory, mostly for political reasons, not so much for health. No political party, not even the liberals will want to wear that one in an election. Maybe the NDP, but its a safe one for them as the possibility of them taking power federally is very unlikely. But, it'll be great fodder for the conspiracy types. Im sure we'll hear on this subject soon enough! :)

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
Good question. I have a feeling that the current 2 layer cloth masks are about as much as most people will tolerate, mostly because they’re already bought and paid for. People will comply if the expectations are reasonable. It’s like getting people to pay 99 cents a song on iTunes even though they used to get them for free. Now it’s all about streaming subscriptions but people are still willing to pay if the cost is reasonable. I believe that’s how it will be with masks.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts

hardly a surprise. The rot runs deep. I’m sure a lot more will be revealed as the light gets shined on the scattering roaches. Wonder if these were the anti.. er... droids some were desparatly looking for ;)

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts

And in other, politician shows what an incredibly arrogant dumbass he is... news, here’s Cruz high tailing it to a sunny vaca in Mexico with his family while the state he leads, a supposed energy powerhouse suffers under a totally mismanaged power grid system failure.

freedumb!

20961 - 20980 of 21207 Posts