Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Red Rachel's Reign of Error is over, Albertans can move on in a positive direction.

Canadian Conservatives Win Historic Election in Alberta

Hillel Neuer of UN Watch, a Geneva-based watchdog group, praised Kenney's record. Neuer thanked him for his part in the "struggle against tyranny, racism and antisemitism at the UN."

Others praised him for his tax policy. Americans for Tax Reform celebrated Kenney's election as the death of any Albertan carbon tax. In a statement, the group praised the results as "the latest in a long line of defeats for carbon tax pushing politicians around the world." Kenney's opponent, Notley, had supported the carbon tax, before walking back her stance in the days before the election.

Scott Hennig, president and CEO of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, said in a statement that Kenney's energy and tax policy had made a difference. "From its very introduction, the carbon tax has been very unpopular in Alberta," he said. "Kenney recognized this, and committed that Bill 1 would be to scrap the carbon tax. Clearly, it has been a big vote-getter for his party."

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Hmmm the article says a free alternative must exist when allowing for tolls. Wonder what the free alternative is, since the project being enabled is replacing a ferry with a bridge?

https://calgaryherald.com/news/poli...tion/wcm/108ced73-892c-4f4a-bb85-f95b265c4d48

New legislation tabled in the Alberta legislature on Tuesday paves the way for toll roads in the province.

Bill 43, the Financing Alberta’s Strategic Transportation (FAST) Act, would allow for tolls only on new or expanded infrastructure as long as Albertans are consulted, and there are alternative free routes available.

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
Having seen kenney's plots to sell off provincial parks, laying off thousands in the healthcare industry during a pandemic, his misplaced dedication to big oil which takes his money, lays off workers and runs - I will respectfully disagree.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
A worthwhile read. You certainly won't hear this directly from Killer Kenney's stooge Deena Henshaw.

Less than 10% or 30 of Alberta Covid deaths had fewer than 2 co-morbidities. Only 10 had zero co-morbidities.

NOTE that age is not included on the co-morbidity list.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...eslAVoG6JgzDayIgT4vqSa81aKBJD2LdIAGgB8opbaMJo

Do wish they had also mentioned how many of the deaths were in Long Term Care. I do know that on Monday Ontario recorded 12 deaths and 11 of those were in Long Term Care.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
So... what should Kenney have done differently on the covid-19 front?

'Our health system is in trouble,' Alberta's top doctor warns during COVID-19 update
Province reports 1,566 new cases, with total of 20,163 active cases

The latest restrictions brought in by the government, including mandatory masks across Alberta and the closing of many businesses, sends the public a clear and present warning about how serious the pandemic has become, says the province's top public-health doctor.

The decision made this week to bring in new measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 was made knowing that each restriction will have other consequences and impacts on people's lives and health, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's chief medical officer of health, said at a news conference Thursday.

"With the suite of restrictions that were just announced this week, we know that the broad sweeping changes that have been put in place will reduce the number of close contacts that people have on a regular daily basis," she said.

"We also know that the messaging that we are clearly providing to Albertans is our health system is in trouble and we need to work together to save it."

(...)

The total number of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta dipped slightly on Thursday for the second day in a row.

The province reported 1,566 new cases and had a total of 20,163 active cases, down 36 from the day before.

Across Alberta, 682 people were being treated in hospitals for COVID-19, including 124 in intensive care beds.

Another 13 deaths were reported to the province, bringing the total to 666.

(CBC)​

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
So... what should Kenney have done differently on the covid-19 front?
I sure as hell would not have closed down communities with zero active positive cases as that jack ass announced on Tuesday.

Keep in mind that Alberta has about 100 Covid admissions to ICU. About 5 would be there only for Covid. Maybe 70 of those will have some version of pneumonia, on top of at least 2 other co-morbidities which by themselves could also see them in the ICU. The remaining 25 would definitely be in ICU regardless of the Covid test. Almost all of the 100 ICU patients are over 70 and most are over 80. Probably 80 or more of those Covid ICUs will be from long term care facilities.

Now obviously the 80+ who came from long term care, also came from a locked down, anti-social distanced, masked, sanitized to death environment of despair and loneliness. So how are those measures doing anything for those who are most vulnerable??? Why is Kenney trying to destroy those small businesses who managed to survive round one of lockdowns??? Where is your sympathy for the waitress who finally returned to work at the beginning of October after being off work for 5 months and is now being laid off again??? That waitress is not at all hypothetical I talked to her yesterday. What do you want me to tell her from you if I see her tomorrow??? It will be her last day at work, her job yanked out from under her feet 2 weeks before Christmas, by Kenney and the rest of the New World Order lackies.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Now obviously the 80+ who came from long term care, also came from a locked down, anti-social distanced, masked, sanitized to death environment of despair and loneliness. So how are those measures doing anything for those who are most vulnerable??? Why is Kenney trying to destroy those small businesses who managed to survive round one of lockdowns??? Where is your sympathy for the waitress who finally returned to work at the beginning of October after being off work for 5 months and is now being laid off again??? That waitress is not at all hypothetical I talked to her yesterday. What do you want me to tell her from you if I see her tomorrow??? It will be her last day at work, her job yanked out from under her feet 2 weeks before Christmas, by Kenney and the rest of the New World Order lackies.
CM When I suggested a few days ago, that you had no regard for those damaged by the Covid Protection Racket, you denied, yet you had absolutely nothing to offer a truly wonderful young woman struggling to support her kids.

Wife and I did a lot better and gave her hugs and a generous tip.

·
Premium Member
42,490 Posts
CM When I suggested a few days ago, that you had no regard for those damaged by the Covid Protection Racket, you denied, yet you had absolutely nothing to offer a truly wonderful young woman struggling to support her kids.

Wife and I did a lot better and gave her hugs and a generous tip.
Perhaps he will offer a slogan: "We're all in this together" seems sufficiently generous.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Perhaps he will offer a slogan: "We're all in this together" seems sufficiently generous.
M is a true sweetheart, but I am pretty sure she would tell CM in extremely graphic terms where he should shove his slogan.:D

·
Premium Member
5,570 Posts
The OP has been noticeably absent for the past couple months. What’s up with that?

·
Premium Member
42,490 Posts
He's assisting extended family members. No time for fun.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
He's assisting extended family members. No time for fun.
Been there and it is not at all fun. Wish him my best as well.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
So the Kenney Kriminal Kabal continues to blunder along.

https://westernstandardonline.com/2...PT1Lvip6AM0ZSWa5VK80v6VSqQtiNxFlk9itjQ09m8hck

It was no act. Premier Jason Kenney was genuinely angry at a press conference where he called rebel restaurant owners “irresponsible and selfish.”. The rage on Kenney’s part wasn’t so much that these rogue Albertan small business owners had put people at risk of COVID-19 infections with their restaurant openings, as it was that the act of rebellion forced the government’s hand. Yet again, the UCP government was found to be reactive and floundering when issues break, rather than decisive and proactive.

A prairie fire of rebel-restaurants was starting to take off last week. It began with Chris Scott who defiantly dared to allow patrons to sit and eat burgers in his cafe in the hamlet of Mirror, Alberta and the conflagration spread quickly. Desperate for their livelihoods and emboldened by Scott’s example, rural restaurants began flaunting AHS lockdown restrictions and opened for in-house dining throughout the province. Even the typically slow-acting UCP had to realize that they needed to do something quickly before this revolution of restaurants got completely out of their control.

At Friday’s press conference Premier Kenney gave Albertan business owners what they should have had all along; a timeline for re-opening. Somebody within the government realized that their bizarre and selective re-openings of businesses from massage studios to hairstylists while leaving restaurants behind had put restaurant owners into a state of dejection leading to rebellion. With bankruptcy looming and no light to be seen at the end of the tunnel, restaurant owners felt that they no longer had anything to lose in flaunting the law and trying to save their financial lives.

Scenes of small business owners being arrested or fined for trying not to lose everything they have worked for doesn’t make for good press for a government that styles itself the champions of small business. Unless they were willing to send men with guns to shut these restaurants down, they had no choice but to capitulate. Some solid timelines for opening should quell that sense of desperation for now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts