Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue Jays have their season opener today at 3:00 PM EST against Cleavland.

Who's looking forward to the Blue Jays season? Any Blue Jays fans on ehMac? :) This is the official 2012 Blue Jays season thread for ehMacians to talk all things Jays.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Fantastic preseason for them. Let's hope they continue their excellent play in the regular season!

Go Jays!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Fantastic preseason for them. Let's hope they continue their excellent play in the regular season!

Go Jays!
I agree. I would love to see the Jays back in the World Series once again, against either the Giants or the Mets. I would root for the Jays against the Mets, but I would have to go with the Giants, the team of my youth, against the Jays.

Still, I think that if they come together as a team, this could be a good year for them. We shall see.

·
Seriously?
4,442 Posts
ehMax, how about a ehMac day at the Rogers Centre for a Blue Jay game? You can get it annouced up on the big screen. They still do that don't they?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm real excited about this season. Not putting too much stock in the preseason though it's obviously nice to see them finish with such a great record. I never worry too much about the Jay's ability to hit, it's their pitching that always concerns me. Loving the look of the bullpen this season though.

Anyone know why they had to schedule today's game so early? Does no one in Cleveland work for a living?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exciting first game. Jays were down 4-1 at top of the 9th, and they tied it up 4-4. Going into the bottom of the 9th now.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Exciting first game. Jays were down 4-1 at top of the 9th, and they tied it up 4-4. Going into the bottom of the 9th now.
Three in the 16th might just do the trick for the Jays. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
3-run homer at the top of 16th! 7-4 Jays final. Longest opening game in history.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Great game let's see what happens from now on but a good start.

John
Yes, this will hopefully be a season of success for the Jays. We shall see.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
When I lived in SW Ontario, the Blue Jays did not exist. We went across the river to Detroit by bus for dozens of games a year in the early 70s and the Tigers were "our" team. Now I am torn when the series countdown begins if the Tigers and the Jays are both in the running. With the Jays being the only Canadian team, one wishes them well, but if they come up against the Tigers, all bets are off.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
When I loved in SW Ontario, the Blue Jays did not exist. We went across the river to Detroit by bus for dozens of games a year in the early 70s and the Tigers were "our" team. Now I am torn when the series countdown begins if the Tigers and the Jays are both in the running. With the Jays being the only Canadian team, one wishes them well, but if they come up against the Tigers, all bets are off.
Really what happened after that, life mad you bitter? :D

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A lot of old-school baseballs fans in Ontario are still Detroit fans, as that was their nearest team. David Chilton, Kitchener resident and author of the Wealthy Barber (This year going to be on the Dragon's Den) is a Detroit fan too, as family loyalties go way back.

Stil, I was surprised to learn just how many Jays fans their are across Canada. What with many not having the best thoughts about Toronto. :eek:

I was a Jays fan as a kid.. Remember going to my first game at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. Not the best first impression, first pitch of the game was a home run against them, and they ended up losing 12-1. Was quite exciting though. World Series in early 90 was some of the best sports memories ever.

For many years I didn't watch. I guess you can say I'm back on the band-wagon. Some of it is disgust with other Toronto sports teams, but there also seems to be a very cool vibe with the time. A confidence and bit of swagger that is refreshing. I love guys who play with heart like Bret Lawrie.

Yesterday was certainly a great start!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts