Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to thank our esteemed Mayor for whatever he did to put a little Canadian flag up beside the address bar on my browser and beside the ehMac shortcut on the toolbar of my browser. It's much nicer than the magnifying glass of MacNN or the Apple of Apple Canada or the, well I'm not too sure what it is, of the Vancouver Canucks schedule from the NHL web site.

I feel so patriotic, now.

James

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Yeah, it's been there for a while. Looks really good there.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
IE and Omniweb both can;t see Favicons, which is kind of wierd because they aren't exactly a new thing. It goes to show how little MS actually puts into IE for Mac as well, because they were originally a feature of MSIE5.5 for Windows as I recall.

Safari and all of the Mozilla Browsers (Chimera, Mozilla and Netscape) can see them though.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Well, I am on Safari now and I do not see the flag. Sorry. :(

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VertiGoGo:
Well, I am on Safari now and I do not see the flag. Sorry. :(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

v51? Weird, you should see them. I'm using v51 Safari and see them.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
If you can't see it, here's what you need to do:

clear your disk cache (command-e in Safari), quit and relaunch.

if that doesn't work, do as above but also delete any ehMac book marks you may have. After you relaunch, you can add them again if you see the flag.

If that doesn't work, follow all those steps again (including deleting the bookmarks) and also clear your history. relaunch and that should be it.

It should work after you clear your cache though.

--PB

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
PosterBoy, all the steps you suggested didn't work for me :( Weird... I stil get the old
not bad but I'd like the Canadian flag

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Coolio!!! Thanks for the tip PB...although your keystoke instructions didn't work.

However, you click on "Clear Cache" from the Safari drop-down menu...and that worked like a charm.

Thanks Mr. Mayor! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts