Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one that is giving me a headache. Suggestions welcome.

Some of you may remember that I have had trouble with a LaCie drive which decided not to play after two weeks and promptly lose 40gigs of data.

Following suggestions from the forum, I purchased Diskwarrior to no effect. Money down the drain as far as I am concerned.

Now somebody with the same equipment and a similar problem as had success with Norton (here is the full link).

I went on the Norton site and there is no test download available (actually there is, but only for windows!). I am deeply reluctant to spend another $200 for nothing. So here is my query: I would like to 'borrow' a version of Norton and see if it fixes my problem. If it does: hurray, my data is back and will sign up at the Altar in the following five minutes. If it doesn't I will uninstall the software.

1) Is there a problem with this approach?
2) Anybody volunteering to provide said software?

Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Illegal -- yes, technically.

Immoral -- probably.

Let your conscience be your guide. If it makes you feel any better, most people would probably just "borrow" the Norton's.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dilemma 'solved'

After a couple of friendly exchanges I realised that Norton was 250Mb... Kinda sorted any attempt at bending license terms (even temporarily).

So I kissed 40gigs of data goodbye :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.