Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been selling off my apple things to embrace new apple stuff lol
Sold my Apple Cinema thunderbolt display , apple laptop , power adapters etc
working off spare parts i slapped together.. mini with external display.

samsung synmaster - 24" - wow it stinks - color contrast and clarity is awful.. i have cables every where LOL

can't wait till my LG thunderbolt3 5K and apple MacBook pro touch 13" arrives - this is painful :-(
what is even worse - the MINI is working of an USB drive because the new dual firecuda 2TBs - are back ordered :mad:

i guess i am spoiled :lmao:

so the question is who else has purchased and waiting for new stuff?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I been selling off my apple things to embrace new apple stuff lol
Sold my Apple Cinema thunderbolt display , apple laptop , power adapters etc
working off spare parts i slapped together.. mini with external display.

samsung synmaster - 24" - wow it stinks - color contrast and clarity is awful.. i have cables every where LOL

can't wait till my LG thunderbolt3 5K and apple MacBook pro touch 13" arrives - this is painful :-(
what is even worse - the MINI is working of an USB drive because the new dual firecuda 2TBs - are back ordered :mad:

i guess i am spoiled :lmao:

so the question is who else has purchased and waiting for new stuff?
I feel your pain on the screen. I have a 5K iMac and there is no way I could go to anything less.

Not waiting on anything new as Apple has not released anything that makes me want to upgrade my loaded 5K iMac. MacBook Pros are too limited and the touch bar is not really efficient or useful when using an external screen. They have done nothing with the Mac Minis, iMacs or Mac Pros and not expecting anything really for a while in terms of major updates or changes that will make me want to drop more money on Apple.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain on the screen. I have a 5K iMac and there is no way I could go to anything less.

Not waiting on anything new as Apple has not released anything that makes me want to upgrade my loaded 5K iMac. MacBook Pros are too limited and the touch bar is not really efficient or useful when using an external screen. They have done nothing with the Mac Minis, iMacs or Mac Pros and not expecting anything really for a while in terms of major updates or changes that will make me want to drop more money on Apple.
agreed. - the current mini i have is a mac mini server QC i7 - with 16GBs of ram
i have ordered 2 x 2TB firecuda drives for it but the back order is silly .

i had to move on the laptop as the deprecation of the unit was going to bottom out, so i am embracing the idea of dongles for everything lol
that said i have invested in 4 n 1 dongles.
and mag safe USB - c cabling
as for my display had no choice but to get rid of it, no use with the new mb pro

list of items if any one is interested for new MacBooks
1. https://griffintechnology.com/us/products/cables/usb-c-cables/breaksafe-magnetic-usb-c-power-cable
2. startech 4n1 adaptor usb,rj45,vga,hdmi
3. usb-c to usb x3 - apple
4. thunderbolt 3 to 2 x3 - apple

1 - 3 of 3 Posts