Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I think i might have a bad credit so if fido asks for a security deposit which is $1000.00, my other option is to go with telus since I have a contract with them and an account. Will Telus do a credit check again or just put the iphone on the current account and its all good no credit check needed? I've never missed a payment with telus though. I'd be disappointed if i don't get an iphone on the 30th which is why im asking now so i can come up with something. Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
so telus told me that they will need to run a credit check again, so I've applied for a credit report. It should be here within this week so I have 1 week to see clear things up. If anyone else wants to know there's it free i used Equifax. Call 1 800 465 7166

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
They might ask for $200 to $500 if your credit is bad but not too bad. They might also give you a "credit limit" with no deposit required if your credit is not bad enough to require a deposit but not good enough for you to do whatever you want. Just maintain your account in good standing for a year and they'll return your deposit or remove the credit limit.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that makes sense I'm sure my credit is not terrible.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found something on the telus website, no deposit required if you agree to a $200 spending limit :D Spending Limits |  Billing |  Support |  TELUS Mobility , Fido is my first choice to get the iphone 4 at, because there's no $35.00 activation fee if they dont have it in stock on the 30th telus is my second choice.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got my report today from equifax turns out i got no credit. I wonder if this will change things?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called fido and i got approved for a $200.00 credit limit :D the rep gave me a activation number so its going to be a quicker process. iPhone 4 here i come!

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why would you want another iphone 4? don't you have the 32 model? save some for the rest of us :)
I have the iphone saved by the person who owns the stores in the lower mainland but i wasn't sure if i was going to be approved for a contract without a deposit down. But turns out its all fine :D Don't worry theres enough iphone 4's to go around :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the iphone saved by the person who owns the stores in the lower mainland but i wasn't sure if i was going to be approved for a contract without a deposit down. But turns out its all fine :D Don't worry theres enough iphone 4's to go around :rolleyes:
did i ever tell you that you are one of my better friends? save me an iphone 4 too :D

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol sure do you live in B.C? i emailed them to ask if my city was going to get iphone 4's then he added me to his list of people who will be notified once the shipments arrive to him and he's sending one my way. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm guessing that equifax didn't want to show the credit score? or something went wrong? cause i told the rep that i had a contract with telus and i was approved so i think there is a credit score some where that i just can't find :/ I do have money to pay for things which is why i never considered a credit card to start from.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.