Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After convincing the ladyfriend to switch, we go an p/u one of the last few G3 iBooks left @ a local retailer. She bounces to hang out w/ her friends (ladies out), and I take the iBook up to fix it up (I had an xtra A.Card to install for her).

Boot up and...

the screen goes all wonky! :eek:

Power down and back up and the same happens, but progressively worse with each re-boot - with me taking pix and standing agape! :eek:

That sux... now I have to go back in the AM - 13 hrs later to handle this. Not what I wanted to do AND this might be one of the absolute last ones... :rolleyes: . The ladyfriend thought that I was joking when I txt'ed her with the bad news, Sadly was not... Not too stressed, but not how I wanted to get things started...

H!

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
If it is screwed, maybe they'll replace it with a G4 iBook?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is really crappy to say the least.
at least you are helping her out
No doubt. I actually dealt with the issue this AM. Apparently a bad logic board. The Techs were all freaked :eek: . I even showed up with pix of the screen... they new something was wrong... Was not going to take anything but a replacement.

I just installed an A.Card + topped the RAM for her as well (640 horses under the hood). She doesn't know yet... ;) Actually posting live from her iBook ahora! Holla!

If it is screwed, maybe they'll replace it with a G4 iBook?
I wish... I was hoping they had none of the G3 900s left and that would have given me some barganing power >> would have asked for a 14" but the 12" G4 1st... Oh well. All resolved now. Still got a slammin deal! :D

Maybe bad RAM? I had a similar problem once buying a brand new iMac.
ill-logic board. ;) New one inhouse right now.

Thanks dudes.

Holla!

H!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts