Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I switch between three different mice, plus the trackpad on my mac pro. The trackpad allows me to configure it's speed independently of the mice which is great.

My standard Lenovo mouse, and my Logitech Trackman Wheel work on the same sensitivity it seems, so no problems switching between them.

The problem is my Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000, which is a great bluetooth mouse, but it is insanely sensitive. So whenever I use it, I have to go into settings and adjust the tracking speed. It can be more than once a day I go between this notebook/travel mouse and my beloved trackman, so this is a pain. Is there a way to have different settings for each mouse?

For bonus marks, anyone know where I could find another trackman wheel? They only make a corded version now... If I don't move it, why would I care about a cord? So I can fill a landfill with batteries? Plus it doesn't even use BT, but logitech's unified bullshit adapter.

Thanks,
~S

G

·
Tiger Direct had Trackman Wheels in stock a while back -- first time I'd seen them in a long time so I ordered one ... it seems they no longer have them in stock though. They are my fav non-trackpad pointing device. Used them for years. Now I use pretty much nothing but Magic Trackpads or the built-in trackpads on all my machines.

·
Premium Member
15,508 Posts
I was going to suggest downloading and installing the MS IntelliPoint software that my wife uses with her basic MS wireless mouse but it doesn't seem to be an option for your mouse.

The IntelliPoint software seems to sense when she's using the MS mouse and seems to use its settings and any wired mouse uses its own settings whether it being an Apple or Logitech wired mouse and the appropriate software installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts