Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine, professor at a local university, finally had enough of my rantings (plus he freaked when we discovered the institute next-door operates an open-DHCP WiFi setup -yes, we asked!).

Today he plunked down a cool $2500 and change for a 12" Powerbook with Combo Drive & Airport Extreme. 2-week delivery delay, though (not sure if that's just because its Educational or if the 12"ers are in revision?).

This makes at least six people I've brought to Mac so far this year... Shame Apple doesn't have a pyramid scheme... :(

:D
M

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The two-week delay probably is because of the AirPort EXTREME! -- if you don't buy one of Apple's "standard" configuration, then there's a bit of a wait.

"I didn't switch to Apple, I just got all of my friends and co-workers to switch. Why don't I get a commercial? &*@#!"

·
Registered
588 Posts
...And when your professor friend recieves his mac you will be more than happy to CONFIGURE it for him!!! remember you are under oath! tell the court the truth! Is'nt THIS why you make people switch! SO YOU CAN PLAY WITH THERE MACHINES!? ANSWER THE QUESTION MR CUBAMARK, if THAT IS your REAL NAME...

er.. sorry I lost myself there...

... so can I be there when he picks it up :confused:

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D

Dibenga, thanks SO much for revealing my ulterior motive. OF COURSE that's why I convince my friends to buy Macs... (I can't afford 'em myself! :eek: )

The prof/friend of mine who picked up his 12"PB a month or so ago is still going strong, despite having dropped & dented the case quite badly. The keyboard is amazing.... (or rather, it's just right, and it's amazing how crappy other keyboards are once you use it).

When are you ordering? (nudge, nudge)

:cool:
M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts