Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since IE seems to be the choice of government webmasters...

www.gc.ca

try that in Safari, and let me know how it works.

TIA

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes, lately all government websites from just the general to the military pages are being stopped by Safari. It was just last week that I had access to the above url with Safari, but not anymore. I don't understand what is going on with those websites? Maybe they are making some changes? Or they found out some nasty thing with Safari? I don't know...

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Britnell, you coulda warned that it'll cause a crash of Safari....

I posted a bug (and crash report) to the Safari team. I wonder, with IE for Mac being terminated, whether the gov people will have to support other browsers (or at least ensure they don't crash)?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I just posted a bug report too
Everyone get the word out and post your bug reports
Spread the news all over the web, we want our sites back please

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Works fine in Mozilla 1.2.1 if you're looking for an IE alternative.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
You really should have warned us... as I just clicked on the link and proceeded to say "sunuva" and restarted Safari. It was working not too long ago... At least Environment Canada still works and I can get my weather.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not warn because I did not want to prejudice the test.

The site WAS working fine for me the second to last time I used it, about 2 months ago. But now I am having trouble accessing a number of government sites, including the firearms registry.

I've sent a note to Apple and to the government webmaster. Maybe if more of us sent a not to the government whiz kids, they would be less Microshaft centric.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts