Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It ran smooth for me (after the initial loading) on Safari even (Gotta love that Apple Browser...)

Most interesting shot. I can see potential already!

Say, did I see Bruce Willis on the top of that bulding? Or was that just an after effect of watching the Die Hard trilogy into the wee hours of the morning... ;)

:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Strongblade:
It ran smooth for me (after the initial loading) on Safari even (Gotta love that Apple Browser...)

Most interesting shot. I can see potential already!

Say, did I see Bruce Willis on the top of that bulding? Or was that just an after effect of watching the Die Hard trilogy into the wee hours of the morning... ;)

:cool:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! :D

As a matter of fact, if you look closely you can see Hans Gruber fall off the far side of the building.

Yippee Kai-yay!

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Just thought I would share something that I'm in the middle of testing:

Animation (now 4.3 megs)

high-res still (approx. 100k)

I'm in the process of writing a script for an indie dramatic-action movie that will most likely be shot in DV format (however I am entertaining the thought of shooting it on 16mm film -- it'll require me to sign up at IFCO and take a series of workshops to get aquainted with the whole film process -- which makes DV more attractive since it's what I'm more familiar with).

A particular scene (I may cut it out in the end) will require a crane shot of an office building in downtown Ottawa. This is generally a way to get around having to pay for expensive equipment and manpower. ;) This particular test is of a fictional building which I created (generally a block) with custom textures that I created from scratch (no references). The background cityscape is a familiar pic that has been on Apple's website (A laptop I think?).

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oryxbiker:
Nice animation, but it is a little choppy :eek: ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's going to happen. I uploaded a larger version -- still a little choppy though. I'm going to have to get more server space and ditch the 5 megs videotron gave me.

·
Registered
778 Posts
very nice...very nice indeed. Would be most intersted to see what that looks like once it is completed.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
manny
As a film maker myself, I know the troubles of getting shots like this under budget, unfortunatly for me
1. I cannot do 3D myself and
2. Everybody that I know that does it I canot afford to pay! (They are not home 3Ders by any means, one of them is working on Spiderman for MTV right now!)
I would love to incorporate some 3D into some of my works if I can find somebody willing to work for free! (My current documentary is being applied for a $10,000 budget, which is sh*t all)

I would like to see another copy though, I had the chopyness as well (Even after downloading to desktop and playing back)!

·
Registered
344 Posts
hey macdaddy, check out dolish.com. he's a friend of mine. couldn't evenbegin to tell you what he goes for though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
killer shot manny. didn't look at all choppy. if your looking for crew when you go to shoot let me know. I've been in a studio for a while now and would love to get back into the field.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words!

I think the reason why some find it choppy is due to the MPEG4 compression I used with QT 6 Pro.

Heart: Yes, some would say that others have done better things than this. :D

MacDaddy: Yeah it's tough to pull something together with an extremely limited budget. I wouldn't consider myself overly expert in the 3d realm -- but I do know enough to be dangerous.
My scope in 3d is limited to animating objects (ie: Anything that doesn't deal with moving people, yet ;)).

Depending on what exactly you would need done in 3d (or would like to have done), I would be willing to do one or two shots... I can't guarantee anything ILM-ish, but I would be willing to give it a shot -- for free. If it works, keep it, if not, trash it.

For those interested, the whole animation was created in dvGarage's 3D Toolkit... which is really ElectricImage Universe 3D that has the plug-in API locked so you can't use add-ons. Minor set back for being able to purchase $1,400 US software for $199.00 (dual: Mac and PC) and get killer tutorials!

Buck: Thanks for the offer! :D I don't expect to be doing anything soon (in 2003 at least -- but you never know), but, if and when the project gets into motion (ie: beyond just being a script) I'll definitly give you a shout!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts