Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i second that. i've got the 17" professional bag too.. a bit pricey, but very good indeed!

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Yes, Brenthaven is beautiful. I have a sleeve from these guys and it is fantastic as well. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.
www.spireusa.com/

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was looking for a Backpack for my 15" Powerbook. Im having a hard time deciding. The Brenthaven Professional looks super nice but its really so much money... And Spires VOLT looks like it would suit my needs.

Kent how much spare room is there in the backpack? I need something which will allow me to carry my Powerbook, Power Adapter, Few CDs, 2" Thick Text Book and a 1" Thick Binder.

·
Registered
630 Posts
After a long search for a high-quality (i.e. good materials, workmanship, design) case for my 15" PowerBook, I discovered Brenthaven. They make Apple-specific cases that fit powerbooks and iBooks like a glove. I bought their "professional" model (available from the apple.ca website) and I was most impressed: 1000 denier Cordura fabric, beefy # 10 YKK zippers, a removable, well-padded sleeve for the PowerBook, contoured shoulder strap...great fit and finish. I'm really happy with it and I'm pretty finicky about quality (my girlfriend would say obsessive). The website doesn't really do them justice...take my word for it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Akai,

I have the Professional courier-style bag not the backpack....but, I work with someone who has the backpack - same great features, a bit bigger. It definitely could accommodate the items you mention and a few more. The sleeve can be removed and used in other bags. The pack is really the perfect size...especially for commuting etc. Go for it...you know you wannnt it!

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I bought mine from Apple when I ordered my 12" Powerbook and I think they're a great case. Many times I just take out the removable padded sleeve and take that along. I like the way the sleeve velcro's slightly above the bottom of the case. Very high quality, I'm very much pleased with it and I think with just switching sleeves it will hold the 15" model PB.

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Hi
i have a Brenthaven backpack. Very good bag - great quality and lots of usefual pockets etc.

My fav bag is a Waterfield. this is the best bag I have ever had - and I have had too many. See www.sfbags.com.
So many useful little features that make there bags outstanding.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
The Kensington Saddlebag was perfect for me
while I was down south on a cruise of the Caribbean.

All my stuff fit perfectly and I had three different ways of
carrying the bag, It's a backpack, A shoulder bag or a single
handle carry on bag.

Dave :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts