Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those people who was going to purchase the "new" 24" iMac. I now have my doubts due to the reflective screen. I am now thinking about trying to find the older non-reflective 24" white iMac.

Do you think Apple will get the message and offer the option of non-reflective monitor?

How many out there are facing the same dilemma?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have seen both at Future Shop (hardly ideal lighting) and am looking at purchasing either machine. Functionally they are really similar for the uses I will put them to. If I am going to spend over a grand on a new computer, arranging the proper lighting to keep reflections to a minimum seems trivial. The same would be done to keep a television from facing a window. The tie breaker for me would be one or two advantages (cost, availability, etc.), as well as perhaps delaying purchasing until Leopard is included. My purchase would be for home use so if I'm spending my own money I'd want a machine that would last as long as my old ones (SL iMac, Quicksilver) and the new machine hasn't been out long enough for any other issues to appear.
Although the new iMac is absolutely gorgeous, I guess that would be negated by having a cat and five year old boy leaving their respective toys on or around it.

·
IAMSTIG
2,676 Posts
My last laptop was glossy and I'll never buy another. In my office with the pot lights in the ceiling I got nasty hot spots if I tilted the screen back to a normal position so I was forced to keep the screen more vertical

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am one of those people who was going to purchase the "new" 24" iMac. I now have my doubts due to the reflective screen. I am now thinking about trying to find the older non-reflective 24" white iMac.

Do you think Apple will get the message and offer the option of non-reflective monitor?

How many out there are facing the same dilemma?
The old non-glossy iMac is still available on the Apple store online refurb section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts