·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And Safari takes the lead! :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does Netscape even exist anymore? I can't believe anyone actually uses it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would prefer to use safari, but am still finding it difficult as safari does not load a lot of the web pages I request. I am behind a big university firewall in saudi arabia which probably does not help. I am unable to do any banking from here without netscape. I can not access my .mac account with safari from here ect ect... I still try and use safari 1.0 as much as I can or until it tells me that it cant open a page because it was unable to establish a secure link blah blah blah... Can anyone tell me why safari continuously asks me if it can decrypt various files in my keychain?
Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
There are only two websites that I go to regularly that aren't safari-friendly.
CIBC PC Banking and Future Shop
Other than those two, Safari rules!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Safari is great most of the time. I have had two classes of problems though:
1) can be very slow on online banking (pcfinancial.ca)
2) can screw up some sites like sympatico self help

I found camino (formerly chimera) to be blazingly fast and works when safari does not. It can be found at www.mozilla.org

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Sounds like your keychain may have corrupted. Throw away any files related to Keychain in your library folder in your home folder, should fix itself.

I really wish Safari 1.0 was better done though, some of the bugs are getting annoying, especially the over ambitious caching... Can't wait for 1.1

·
Registered
470 Posts
Heart, thanks for the link.
That's a neat little utility I hadn't heard of.
I'll save it, so it's there if/when I need it.
Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
i find safari to run extemely slow on my mac. camino loads up pages, i would say, in half as much time as safari. when previewing in dreamweaver camino blows and explorer is the browser of choice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just began using Safari, find it really fast on my iMac G3/500/20G/1G on Sympatico High Speed. No trouble with Net banking (BMO), where IE cannot enter. Have used Netscape for years, find 7.1 fine, but have really gotten sucked into Safari. Very slick interface.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts