Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Much too limited. Both SuperDuper and CCC will handle Panther through Leopard with older versions available for Jaguar. I may be one of the few, but I create disk images of clean versions of my OS using SuperDuper. Doing it this way I can get back to a known good system in less than 10 minutes including the time it takes to boot from the external.

·
Registered
985 Posts
According to ShirtPocket's website, SD isn't Leopard compatible quite yet. While CCC is, I had a problem with my latest attempt to clone my Leopard volume onto an external drive. For some reason, my home folder in the clone doesn't have use of the Finder - menubar gone except in non-Finder applications. This is only my Home folder; the Finder works in Root or in the other identity I created for diagnosing problems. I know what the problem is - in my Home folder the root library permissions are screwed up, giving them to "unknown" instead of admin. But I couldn't fix this in either my Home folder and in Root, my attempt to redo those permissions didn't change anything in Home. It must be something peculiar to my setup, but I haven't been able to solve it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.