Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this article out.

Article.

If this is accurate, and it seems to make lots of sense, this is really good news.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Considering how many times Steve and Co. have said that they aren't interested in making PDAs, I wouldn't count on anything.

And for anyone who is wondering, The MIssing Sync will (eventually) work for Palm OS Cobalt.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Moves afoot in this space. i have been arguing for an iNewton for a long time on the basis that the market is doomed for pure PDAs. A significant development is the sale of Symbian's majority to Nokia (now at about2/3 of shares, leaving Sony Ericsson as the only other major shareholder). I am not sure how this will play, but I would expect a fully symbian compatible iPod based device soon.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
An Apple-branded PDA would be a welcome addition to my digital world! I bought a Palm a few years back when I was using a G3 PowerBook. I quickly discovered what a useless devise it is, especially with my Mac.

I later found a use for my Palm, though...I used it to prop up the back-end of my eMac, so the screen would no longer tilt back.

I use a RIM BlackBerry for work and absolutely LOVE it because of how well it integrates into MS Office (outlook), but it too is Windows only.

So, the sooner uncle Steve gets off his @ss and gets around to putting out a PDA that Mac users don't have to do battle with on a daily basis, the better!

And whatever they do...it had better be Mac AND PC compatible.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, in my mind there's also another point that supports this.

Since the new iPod Minis are only I beelive $50US less than the lowest priced iPod, Apple has to do something to the line for it to make financial sense... why would someone purchase a product that offers a siginifcant percent less memory when for $50 you get more memory and it serves the exact same functions.

Sooooo... in my mind. Apple either has to kill the iPod line, or boost the features on the iPod.

Part of me cringes at the thought that people would buy the iPod Mini over the normal iPod bacause it's a bit smaller and it's coloured... colour and size don't seem to equal value to me when compared to memory. But alas I know that even if nothing changed... iPod Minis will most likely be a crazy hit no matter what.

·
Registered
281 Posts
watch it be like $799..

Jobs: "But we've got all the bells and whistles! and it's Apple branded!!"
Me: "uh huh...."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts