Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a sucker for WWII games like Medal Of Honor, and the expansion packs for that game. Today, Aspyr announced a new expansion pack due in March. So, I went and placed a pre-order. But get this... the expansion pack was $30.00 (not bad), and the FedEx International shipping was $65.00!! That was the cheapest of two shipping options!

I'm feeling like a sucker. Sigh. We Canadians often get burned on shipping.

-Howie

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey! That's too much! I have had serious issues with shipping costs to Canada in the past, but I think you have just surpassed my most absurd situations. Is there some kind of brokerage fee included? Taxes? Sure looks suspicious to me. Maybe call Fedex and ask what the h...

For that price I would expect Fedex to include a night in a fine hotel complete with entertainment and meals. :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
101 Posts
For someone near the border (your tag says Vancouver), there is an easy, cheap solution.
Just across the border in Blaine Washington (as in any border town) there are tons of "freight-forwarding" places as well as "mailbox: centres like Mailboxes Etc and other independant equivalents.
I have used a place called Blaine Enterprises, right on the main street. You have the package sent to your name at their address, and just drive across the border and pick it up. They charge $2 for the service!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
LD should have it in stock by April if it is due in March. Spearhead for Mac is in stock currently, and most other Aspyr games too.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have used Hagens in Blaine numerous times to pick up packages, but I haven't used it since 9/11. I am seriously thinking of canceling my Aspyr order and re-ordering with Hagens as the shipping address. Sixty-five bucks is just stupid. The other shipping choice was seventy-four bucks, as I recall.

I may have been born yesterday, but it wasn't last night. I'm canceling my order.

-Howie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts