Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have this thing??

I've had it how many months?? Three?!! And for the past two, my powerbook does nothing but slide off of it...unevenly at that!!

It was bad enough that all of the round stickers they give you came off therefore making my powerbook slide down...(due to the heat of the powerbook melting the glue on the plastic pad)....so I had to crazy glue them back on.

But that didn't fix it. My powerbook still wants to slide off! Luckily it has never slid off completely...and I doubt it will..but that isn't the point. It's very annoying to have to straighten out my powerbook every 10 minutes.

I've tried putting my laptop in every position possible...but nothing works. And yes...the stickers are in the right place.

I probably have the thing upside down.

This thing is poor quality.

Anybody else have complaints??

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*ahem*

it doesn't say that on their website....THIS is what it says...

Today, you can replace your desktop Mac easily with a PowerBook or iBook. While the power and flexibility are great, there are some definite ergonomic issues associated with using a PowerBook or iBook full time in a desktop situation.

The iCurve is a laptop stand designed specifically for the PowerBook and iBook. Its main purpose is to better position the iBook or PowerBook in your permanent desktop environment.

No where does it state what SIZE of POWERBOOK can be used.

Think I would have bought it if they had stated that it wasn't for the 17"?

I don't think so.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
At one point they did list that it would not work with the 17" powerbook.. but I guess they took that out..

I would contact the support team at griffin, the numbers/email can be found on the website and ask for a refund or an exchange.

Cheers,

RtC

P.S. According to my review, it should work fine with the 17"... that's what Griffin told me...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....that they need to include instructions with it because some of their dumb-ass, dill-hole customers have been using it UPSIDE DOWN for 3 months now!....

*walking the walk of shame*

....you'd think that HUGE image on their website would have given me a hint on how to use it....

:confused:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
well.. I've seen some pretty interesting things in the computer world and I would not doubt that people were using them upside down.. I'm impressed they figured out they were for laptops in the first place.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
We had a 17" PB on an iCurve for a good 4-5 months with NO slipping or problems, even when people tried typing on the keyboard while it was on it!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
:D

When you mentioned that you had to re-stick on the round stickers back on I had a feeling you had it upside down.

But then you answered your own question at the bottom.

It is a piece of plastic, with rubber. That's it, nothing more.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Blu-Tak (or the Bostich equivalent). You know, the blue stuff you use to put your kids pictures on the wall.

Sticks to anything, holds most things, comes off anytime. A little ball or two and it won't slip.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Hey...I had my ibook 14.1" laptop on an icurve for quite sometime...and never once had a problem..I really liked the stand...had my external firewire Harddrive underneath the in between the icurve legs...and it was trendy looking...thumbs up on the design and functionality...Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.