Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Canadian Mac community,
This is my first post and was hoping someone would have some hints on this problem. My stuffit expander crashes. When I download, I always get an error code 10 and freeze. Am on a G3 which was upgraded from a Power Mac8500/120. Lots of ram.Tried it all (I think). Reinstalling, deleting stuffit preferences. Have rebuilt desktop also. Any ideas would be great. Is it time to buy the program rather than just what comes with OS9 c.d. or download from Alladin free site?
Thanks in advance,
Joe N.

·
Premium Member
30,889 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Michael. Will try that. The problem with downloading is that I need expander to expand the .sit etc. files. So I am not getting far downloading anything. Will check out the site though in case I don't need to expand the file. Will also try norton utilities again but didn't do much before. This problem is really stumping me.
Joe N.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have encountered problems with Stuffit from time to time. Often, if a file is compressed in a newer form of DropStuff than what you have for an Expander, it can crash.

Also, upgrading is difficult, as Stuffit's own site seems to be unable to download certain choices (timeout error)

I have stuck the installers for the latest version in my Public Folder. Version 7.0.3 for both OS 9 (Classic) and OS X.

:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Strongblade for the download site. However, same thing happened again. As I install, it installs nicely until it gets to stuffit and wham! Drop stuff, tar, started to install and then after that, it quits. Can't figure out what it can be. This is a real mystery as no one seems to have the right answer yet.
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts