Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our grandson is starting at Queens University in September. Now he has expressed an interest in coming over from the dark side. My question is, would it be less expensive for him to purchase from the Queens bookstore rather the student discount offer by Apple? Any comments would be appreciated.:)

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Probably not. Apple doesn't give its distributors a whole lot of wiggle room when it comes to pricing, plus you can get the educational 10% off plus a $100 printer rebate plus a $100 Mac App Store card from Apple directly. That's about a $300 value or so on a $1000 computer. Still, can't hurt to ask.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Our grandson is starting at Queens University in September. Now he has expressed an interest in coming over from the dark side. My question is, would it be less expensive for him to purchase from the Queens bookstore rather the student discount offer by Apple? Any comments would be appreciated.:)
Chances are, the prices will be the same between the two. If there is any discrepancies between the two, the Apple Education Store will most likely be cheaper by a bit.

The Apple Education Store will also be offering the $100 credit to the iTunes Store / App Store which the Queen's U store will be able to offer as well if they're an official Apple campus store.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Probably not. Apple doesn't give its distributors a whole lot of wiggle room when it comes to pricing, plus you can get the educational 10% off plus a $100 printer rebate plus a $100 Mac App Store card from Apple directly. That's about a $300 value or so on a $1000 computer. Still, can't hurt to ask.
Queen's is an Apple Education reseller, so they can offer Apple's education pricing.

The $100 certificate works at authorized campus stores, which Queen's is.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
They are the same price.. Queens U store should be selling at education pricing, so the choice is yours... support the book store or support the apple store the choice is yours.
:)
as for the printer rebate most dealers can match it or offer something comparable.
If your grandson is going to Queens my advise is purchase from the Queens U store as the reason is if he has an issue they will more likely help him in future because it was purchased there - support your local reseller - they are there to assist you when you need them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.