Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing impaired and need headphones to hear the TV. I have a nice set of BT Sony headphones but linking cuts the TV speaker out. Any fixes or add on BT devices to solve this? The Mrs wonders why I wasted money and cut her sound off.

All the best,

Tom

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Heh - my father has the opposite problem. He has a pair of Sony wireless headphones for TV use because his hearing is steadily deteriorating. They're not BT to the TV, though - they connect via optical out on the TV to a transmitter / charging station on which the headphones sit when not in use. His problem - or rather, those of us in the house as he watches TV late at night, is that he often forgets to mute the TV, so it's blaring action scenes (or other inappropriate sounds) at all hours of the night.

I suspect your setup - if it's a BT connection from the TV directly to the headphones - is not a problem with the headphones, but with the TV. There *may* be an option for the TV to output simultaneously to both the internal speakers and the BT audio, or not.

Which model is the TV?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts