Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's that for catchy title!

They are though... seemingly out of nowhere, my Mac Mail began flagging all my email - on it's own. The flag count just kept climbing. When it stopped, I was able to select all and un-flag, which seemed to work. It was also happening on my mail on the laptop (IMAP). Although I had to manually un-flag on it as well.

I rebuilt Mail, but it left one email in the Flagged folder even though it was un-flagged. I moved that message and rebuilt. It now all seems stable, although I have lost all my flagged emails from over the years.

Very strange behaviour. Has anyone experienced anything like it? I have been worried about a virus after opening an image attachment by accident, but I've run Malwarebytes and it says all is well. I'm still a bit worried...

OS 10.9.5
Mail 7.3

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Mail gets flaky all on it's own at times. Try not to overload any single mailbox.

·
Premium Member
16,083 Posts
Mail gets flaky all on it's own at times. Try not to overload any single mailbox.
An excellent suggestion,

To do so on my own Mac I create appropriate mailboxes such as "In - 2014-2017" (or appropriate dates) and then sort the normal Inbox by date, and then select the appropriate emails within that range and use the move function to the appropriate new mailbox.

When finished, rebuild all mailboxes.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 3 of 3 Posts