Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got a new MBP pro about 6 months ago and have been very careful (practically anal) maintaining it. I've recently noticed that my 'a' key has become more difficult to press and it doesn't provide a good keystroke feeling like any of the other keys on the keyboard. I've always had a moshi keyboard protector (http://goo.gl/cxiet) on and never eat around my desk. How could this happen!? I'm bummed out because I've taken such good care of this machine and keyboard problems are the WORST.

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any advise? Im going to get a compressed air can and try and fire that under the keyboard, thats all I can think of incase somehow something got under there? Other than that I'm left going to the Apple store where I know I'm going to get raped.

Matt

·
Premium Member
15,657 Posts
Hey guys,

I got a new MBP pro about 6 months ago and have been very careful (practically anal) maintaining it. I've recently noticed that my 'a' key has become more difficult to press and it doesn't provide a good keystroke feeling like any of the other keys on the keyboard. I've always had a moshi keyboard protector (http://goo.gl/cxiet) on and never eat around my desk. How could this happen!? I'm bummed out because I've taken such good care of this machine and keyboard problems are the WORST.

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any advise? Im going to get a compressed air can and try and fire that under the keyboard, thats all I can think of incase somehow something got under there? Other than that I'm left going to the Apple store where I know I'm going to get raped.

Matt
I gather it's still stick with the protective cover off???

Why would you think that you're "going to get raped" at the Apple Store - it's on warranty for heavens sake!!

Unless of course ....

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey guys,

Matt
From my experience it's probably dust, first try the compressed air, then take it to the apple store

Reactions: MacGenius24

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pm-r, a dog didn't **** on my laptop.

K2ACP - thanks. would this type of repair typically be covered under warranty, assuming Apple can prove no abuse?

·
Premium Member
15,657 Posts
I'm sure no dog did anything like that ... Just thought you might enjoy a 'what if'... ;-)

So there's nothing to worry about to get your keyboard fixed or replaced under warranty at the Apple Store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts