Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Well, I have the exact sticker on the front window of my car. I thought getting the stickers was a cool thing for Apple to include.
I wonder if I should increase my car insurance now?
Robert :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I am a little torn on the Apple Sticker.

I love the idea of the sticker, stick it here, stick it there.

But not on my Car / MiniVan / Home, as I am a Powerbook owner and take it with me almost everywhere especially during work.

The sticker just advertises that this vehicle potentally has a computer in it, and a Mac too!

So I have not done my evangelical duty. I have refrained from putting the sticker on my car or on the windows of my house. :(

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My stickers are bigger than my car. But then again, that's what happens when the only car you've owned is a MatchBox™.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PosterBoy:
Apple's Logo Stickers a marketing coup? decide for yourself:
PB
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh-oh. :eek: I have a rainbow Apple sticker in the back window of my car. Maybe I should auction it off on eBay - it seems to be quite sought after.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
"For Sale"

Apple sticker of your choice - if it was in production, I'll get it for you. $14,500.

Comes complete with a 1995 Lincoln MKVIII - 140,000 KM - excellent condition - 2nd owner

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mississauga:
Comes complete with a 1995 Lincoln MKVIII - 140,000 KM - excellent condition - 2nd owner<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! Actually laughed out loud for that one.

I used to have Apple stickers on the back of my Civic, and I had to take them off when I sold it. They were the vinyl cling-on rainbow Apple stickers that were meant for car windows. Apple only mailed them out for a brief evangelical push back in 1996 in the Amelio year. I've also got a VHS tape showing how OS9 is better than Windows 95, which is actually kind of funny.

Although I know that you can get them for cheap at RedLightRunner (now), it made me feel special at the time. Rather pathetic, I know, but it would be nice if Apple made its users feel good about being evangelists again.

Now I have to find a good place to stick two white stickers on our new CRV. My wife has other ideas as to where I should be sticking them, though.

-SJ.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Like Heart, I'd never attach a sticker to my computer or house, or if I had a car, a car. I did stick one on my nameplate at work. Working in a place loaded with PCs, I wanted something familiar. And in a way it was a quiet protest against the establishment...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heart:
But not on my Car / MiniVan / Home, as I am a Powerbook owner and take it with me almost everywhere especially during work.

The sticker just advertises that this vehicle potentally has a computer in it, and a Mac too!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have insurance don't you? Don't you want a new PowerBook Titanium for the price of a $500 deducatable? :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I put one of those white stickers on my synthesizer/keyboard. Why? I dunno, just because I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it, seeing as how I don't have a car and all. And since I use my Mac in conjunction with my keyboard to make music I thought it was appropriate.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got one rainbow and one white sticker on the window of my office at home, but considering it's 3 stories up, backing onto a forest and the house is protected by my 110 pound dog, I don't think I have to worry much about someone breaking in. I've also got about a dozen of those rainbow stickers kicking around here somewhere. Didn't know they were so highly sought after. Even so, I've got my Macs insured!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts