Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
daycus maximus wrote:
"i'm just rusty with my time zones.. what time, (EST, that is) should i be tuning in to watch the keynote address at today's macworld expo?"

EST is three hours ahead of PST, so you'll want to tune in at noon.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
...and I thought I was the only guy in Hamilton who watches the Jobsnote
Actually sometimes they breakup and buffer quite a bit so i listen later. sometimes, but it is kinda cool hearing it live, more or less.

Im really not expecting much this time, but you never know, maybe a new device
Mark

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I'm going to watch the keynote at one of the Satelite links that Apple is hosting.

Apple Canada will be holding the MacWorld Keynote downlink in the following cities:

Markham, ON, Canada    Jan 7, 2003    ( Tue )    12:00 PM-02:00 PM Eastern
Dorval, QC, Canada    Jan 7, 2003    ( Tue )    12:00 PM-02:00 PM Eastern
Calgary, AB, Canada    Jan 7, 2003    ( Tue )    10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Vancouver, BC, Canada    Jan 7, 2003    ( Tue )    09:00 AM-11:00 AM Pacific

You can register at:

here

I'm such a Mac geek. I look forward to keynotes almost more than the holidays. :D

I could care less about processor upgrades (Don't get me wrong, they're nice) but I'm eagerly awaiting new versions of iMovie and iDVD. A Apple based web browser might be really cool. A new Apple digital device would be sweet too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i'm just rusty with my time zones.. what time, (EST, that is) should i be tuning in to watch the keynote address at today's macworld expo?[/LIST]

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daycus maximus:
i'm just rusty with my time zones.. what time, (EST, that is) should i be tuning in to watch the keynote address at today's macworld expo?[/LIST]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the way, that's tomorrow at noon, not today.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
ehMax, don't forget about 1:30PM here in most of Newfoundland and Labrador. :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
From MacNN

"Apple to announce 800Mbps FireWire?
ITworld.com reports on a "premature news release" this morning by SmartDisk on new desktop hard drives that connect to Macs using the new high-speed 800Mbps FireWire standard: "The aborted news suggests that Apple may announce FireWire2, or FireWire 800, in his keynote speech at Macworld Expo Tuesday. FireWire2 is the next generation of the Apple-invented standard. It supports data transfer at 800Mbps and is backwards-compatible with computers and peripherals that support FireWire 1."

I guess smart disk is in trouble with steve.

John

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Strongblade's MWSF prediction...

iTransmat v 1.0 Software & Firewire2 based "iTransmat Pad" hardware bundle.

Seemlessly teleport objects between Macs via Rendez-Vous technology.

It will give a whole new meaning to "Object Oriented Programming".

:cool:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Btw, Envy News will be covering the show tomorrow, and we even have a Staff Photographer in San Francisco. We'll be publishing a Expo Report tomorrow night or Wednesday morning - depending on just how good this show will be.

Shameless plug:
Envy News

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
elmer's keynote prediction:

A web scourer for PDAs / other handheld devices, similar to AvantGO, and requiring .Mac and iSync to use.
Maybe this will involve Sherlock in some way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts