Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how old this is, though you can gauge it from the product in the store. Wow. G4 towers + iBook + Titaniums. So was this the actual 1st store before it opened?? Regardless, he meticulously lays out what the store is all about from layout, to product and accessories, the Genius bar...

The enthusiasm!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Rest In Paradise Steve.

Gonna buy another stack of black tees. ;)

·
Beaugeste
1,017 Posts
He may be in paradise, or then again maybe he just went (back?) to some more advanced civilization in another galaxy to join up with all the other great minds from our past. (imagine the conversations with Einstein, for example)
Just fantasizing..
Anyhow, check out the dial phone at the Genius Bar!!

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Nice video, I've never seen it before. Looks like it's from 2001 or so, judging by the Macs on display. Was this an actual store, or a concept / mock-up?

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
They did prototype the stores just like any Apple product, but this appears to be from the first real store (Tysons Corner, McLean Va.), a few days before the opening in May 2001. Apparently the video was shown at MacWorld NYC in July 2001.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I wish they would bring back the red phone! It would help the clueless idiots that they seem to employ at most of these stores.

·
Registered
694 Posts
He may be in paradise, or then again maybe he just went (back?) to some more advanced civilization in another galaxy to join up with all the other great minds from our past. (imagine the conversations with Einstein, for example)
Just fantasizing..
Anyhow, check out the dial phone at the Genius Bar!!
You might be right jmlachance, Steve does look a bit "Vulcanish".
PS. I remember going to my first Apple store in Buffalo way back, my wife said I was hyper, drooling and looking faint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts