Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
there may be a thread for this already, but I've heard that Starcraft 2 runs much better in Windows. I am running a BRAND new (2 weeks ago) 17" MBP and yet SC2 only seems to run smoothly on the lowest graphics setting even though it recomends I play on high. So I installed it on my 64-bit Windows 7 in bootcamp and it runs about the same (maybe worse). Is my Windows 7 somehow not reading my graphics card properly? I just installed Windows this morning, so I don't know much about bootcamp or windows 7 at all. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I haven't played it yet, but have you considered that SC2 might just be _that_ taxing on the system?

Also, I doubt that it's not detecting your graphics card, but on the Windows side are your drivers the most up to date?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well on my iMac, SC2 runs considerably better on bootcamp, I did some testing with different settings / frame rates and here were my results:

osx

2560x1440 - ultra everything
idle - 8fps
in battle - 2-3fps

ideal - 1920x1200 - high textures / medium everything else / 3d portraits
idle - 35fps
in battle - 20-25fps

windows 7 w/ bootcamp

2560x1440 - ultra everything
idle - 14fps
in battle - 8-9fps

ideal - 1920x1200 - ultra textures / high everything else / 3d portraits
idle - 30-40fps
in battle - 20-25fps
Are all your drivers up to date? I just installed the boot camp drivers from the original cd, and it was good to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i just noticed the new graphics update for OSX, but i think i'm still going to work on the bootcamp side of things. From all I've heard it seem to give the better performance. Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.