Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Good luck with that, you wouldn't be able to install it from 2 discs even if you could do that ... and call me a cynic but ... this sounds a lot more like "crap, I downloaded this 6.4G torrent of this and can't burn it to a disk to install"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
negative, don't assume that everyone pirates ****.

I bought this notebook off a friend in school and he gave me all of the dvd's for it but my drive freezes up when it attempts to read. I'm just trying to think of non-costly options. If I can't get it to work i'm just going to have to purchase another license in stores which I would like to be my last resort.

I believe the notebook came with this OS preloaded, maybe I can contact apple to send replacement disks as opposed to buying a full new license?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys,

I apologize, I feel like a retard right now.

My actual OS is 10.4.6. I thought Leopard is 10.4.X. I'm really new to MAC and probably should have done more research before buying one.

If I call Apple with my machine details, would it be possible for them to send me the OS disks? I know Dell and IBM allow this, sometimes they charge you a $10 fee but it's better than purchasing a new license.

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
crap, I really should have researched before I bought this thing.

Damn it, I really need to talk to this guy b/c I have a screwed up notebook and no means of re-installing an OS on it.

Thanks for the help guys. I may just call Apple with the s/n of my machine and have them send the OS disks to me. I'm assuming it came with a tiger version. I know IBM and Dell can send OS disks if you lose them or scratch them up but i'm not sure about Apple.
Here:

1 (800) 263-3394

Let us know how you make out. Make sure you mention that 6.4GB Leopard image.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts