Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have heard about spam in your e-mail, but man this is ridiculous.

The person who keeps refering to spymac for their news and tidbits, please STOP flooding the boards! Most of that news we already know about. Plus you're going to be responsible WHEN none of that stuff comes out next week or in one month or two months etc....for posting it here on ehMac. You don't even provide links for your news, although you are starting to, but please why not post news that is "real" instead of "fud"?

Maybe it is just me, but I don't want to wake up to 50 pages of spymac crap to read on this board tomorrow. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I hope it's under control now.

Though sitting down with my java this a.m. to a board full of #[email protected]@#$$% has made me appreciate ehMac and its members all the more.

It's a good online community, probably the best I visit regularly. I'd like it to stay that way.

A toast of coffee to all of my fellow members. :D

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Hear, hear!

After a nice evening with some friends (and an intense several rounds of Cranium™ battle of Guys vs. The Girls
) I sat down for a quick look at the boards before heading off to bed...

... and seeing the ridiculous amount of posts about "new" Apple products. :mad:

Honestly, it looks like someone's trying to fluff up their bogus "new Mac" posts in other forums by trying to get more visitors.

It's just plain dumb.

It looks like it may have been dealt with — I hope for the poster's sake. It would be a shame if we had to get Strongblade to use his rubber fish™.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Small noob to the board mistake, easy to forgive for. Another person to make this place better

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I noticed that I can find some of my EhMac
posts on Google,
I wonder how many posts Google actually
grabs from this site.
Is there a Google blocker app?

Dave :cool:

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
why would you want to do that?

I'm not always willing to be immortalized,
I don't know...Intellectual property...
Invasion of privacy...etc.
I suppose I could just log onto Google and
just delete stuff I don't want posted.

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Anything you post, send, share over the web can be viewed by anyone.. every email, every post, everything can be viewed in one way or another by someone.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
507 Posts
Heh - speaking of spamming, i'll take advantage of this situation (evil grin) to say that we're getting real close to launching EnvyMac.com now. The new site design is nearly done, and man, do we ever have content and industry support for the new site. We've been overwhelmed by our 180+ industry contacts for ad space, review gear, etc. It's going to be a blast. Still aiming for end of month.

Speaking of content, Envy News published a review and comparative benchmark on a Kingston KTA-PBG4/512 PC133 SODIMM 512MB upgrade on a Titanium PowerBook G4 550. Check out if an upgrade from 512MB to 1024MB has any effect on iMovie, Photoshop, launching apps, shutting down, starting up, XBench, etc.

http://www.envynews.com/review.php?ID=490#start

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Cool news Neil. If you can get Steve Jobs to web cast his keynotes through your site, there'll be no point in holding another Mac Expo!

Good luck - I'm looking forward to opening day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts