Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ok but really.Why do record companies do this?
Maybe Metallica should give them some pointers on the crying part of the music scene.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Yeah, because promoting illegal trading of copyright works of artists is a good thing. :rolleyes:

When it comes to protecting an artist's rights regardless of their success or medium from pirating benefits everyone.

This on the other hand has nothing to do with Apple's online store.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apple protects their trademarks/copyrights in a ferocious manner.. why would you expect anything different from anyone else? Also, a contract is a contract, even for Apple.

Cheers,

RtC

P.S. They knew this was coming around for years....

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Ummm... doesn't Michael Jackson own the rights to the Beatle songs and not Apple Records?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Jackson has publishing rights I believe, which is different from owning the actual songs. Perhaps someone else can explain the distinction but, in the meantime, here's a funny picture about a possible Beatles/Jackson collaboration.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Chealion, MJ may have sold them back dude. Rumours was that he is/was in a cash crunch after the last record dropped, and that he was indebted to SONY (some say from a purporsefully under-promoted record), and they've been looking @ that cat for a while (ever since he bought it). He and SONY co-own a publ. co. SONY/ATV. Still not certain though. Stopped caring a while back...

H!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
This was posted on MacRumors, and the dotmusic article is based on a really old FoxNews article. Absolutely nothing to believe here now... Holds 0 credibility in my books.

Sidenote: "Post of the year ;) Post # 2003"

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
what holds no cred??

H!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
FoxNews. In my books they hold no credibility at the moment. (It could change... but its only seeming to get worse).

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I did not base this on FoxNews or Mac Rumours at all. I likely read it in Billboard at some point (I subscribe) and I have friends @ SONY. I forget where...

H!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.