Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reluctant to make the move to Safari because of an apparent lack of something to move my Netscape 7.0 bookmarks to Safari It was move from Netscape to IE ( did not work) move to Chimera only 60% made that transition and the thought of moving 90+ bookmarks manually was daunting to say the least Enter version tracker and Safari Disk Enhancer Lots of neat stuff but most of all a seamless transfer of Netscape/mozila book mark to Safari it finds your Netscape HTML netscape file automagically (you do not have to provide a path) and bingo bango its there in Safari ( it says you have to quit etc but it lies ) I could not believe how simple it was

Ok minor problem it claims your Netscape bookmarks were saved as IE (damm bill gates) but they are realy Netscape bookmarks saved under the spawn of the devils name LOL

There is no reason not to make the migration to Safari It sooooooooooo muuuuuuuuch faster

ENJOY

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Whereas I think a similar thread was posted somewhere, I'm too lazy to go look for it.

Safari Enhancer is a freeware application (VersionTracker has it. Search for Safari and see all the neat stuff that comes up) that, among other things, imports bookmarks. It had trouble with Chimera even as far as v. 1.1 the other day, but according to v. 1.2, that problem was fixed up.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
On the bright side, when I started using Safari it gave me a reason to edit my IE bookmarks. I put my IE imports into the bookmarks bar and slowly assimilated them into the new Safari system. I was amazed at how many sites I no longer visited and it turned into a good housecleaning.
Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts