Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, some websites are reporting that Sony's Music Unlimited app has finally been released for iOS. I've used this app on my PS3 and Vita, and on the web.

The library is pretty impressive, although it doesn't carry The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and The Kinks. In fact, it also had Jack White's Blunderbuss on release day.

Two questions:

1) Has anyone been able to find it in the Canadian App store yet?

2) Has anyone found a good music streaming app with an impressive library to rival Music Unlimited?

Here's the link to story: Sony Music Unlimited streaming iOS app released | The Verge

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I used Rdio for a few months, the selection is pretty good. I found though that the new music I was discovering wasn't enough to justify the $10/mo price tag. The lack of Voice Control and little controls quirks sealed the coffin on my account.

By controls quirks I mean, say I would listen to something on Rdio, then a call comes in so I take it. When the call ends, the music doesn't automatically restart. When I hit play on my earbuds or my Bluetooth headset, it starts playing iTunes music instead. Sometimes forward/backward doesn't work. I don't know if this is the fault of Apple or the 3rd party developers (Rdio in this case).

I'll stick to paying to own my music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts