Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you imagine if one of those PC-pounding morons at "PC Week" or "PC Mag" or "PC Xtr3m l33t haX0r5" would actually try an iMac for longer than a day, harrumphing, and going back to their beige boxes?

It can happen. David Coursey, a PC-only guy for years decided to try out the new iMac and see if it could be his main computer. It had mixed results, and he went back to his PC, but something magical happened. His heart grew three sizes that day.

Now he can't say anything bad about Apple. He uses his iMac almost exclusively. He has been saved, brothers and sisters. Saved.

A bit of a chronicle of his "conversion" can be seen here. I've enjoyed reading it over the months, and thought I might pass it along.
http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2882357,00.html

Also, a observation here - he was turned on to Apple by using an iMac. Immersion, if you will. It wasn't done by self-appointed Apple evangelists writing angry letters regarding his pro-Windoze articles. He learned by trying, and that is always the best tool a MacAddict has.

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a Mac...

-SJ.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Yep, this was a great series of articles, I was reading them as he wrote them back in the beginning of the year.

They are great articles if for no other reason that they are very honest.

--PB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts