Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a load of this latest bullsh!t. :rolleyes:

It makes me want to get a sledgehammer and pound the hell out of a Gateway box...just for fun.

For crying out loud...it says the new Gateway Profile 4 is BETTER
:rolleyes: because it actually has a floppy drive AND (wait for it)..."standard keyboard, mouse, printer and serial ports that the iMac lacks." AAAUUUGH!!!! :mad:

Get this: "Stephen Manes ([email protected]), cohost of Digital Duo, has been covering technology for nearly two decades." And the idiot has never heard of USB before? What a total moron.

I gotta go break something...see ya.
:eek:

·
Registered
454 Posts
What the heck!!!!

The person that reviewed the new gateway deserves to be shot, no trail, no jury straight to execution!

The gateway is a piece of crap. It's just a wanna be iMac. No way 4x better, if anything 4000000000 times worse. (I would of added more 0's but I think you guys get the point.)

Isn't there a commandment that goes something like"
"Thal shal not plagiarize the mac"

Cause there should be one like that.

Anywho that pretty much what I have to say.

Nick

·
Registered
259 Posts
This guy is a moron, yes. But.

One word. DVD-R. None of them have it. An external DVD-R drive is pretty damned expensive. Software that emulates iDVD is also expensive. Add all that together and you have a crappy PC poser that will meet the same fate as all the other posers when the iMac first came out. Nobody will buy it. Period.

Morons. This is one of the few pro-Compaq articles, but it does have some balance:

"And though the Profile's CD-ROM doesn't make the racket the iMac can, its humming fan and clicky hard drive are far more annoying.

Unlike the iMac's free-swinging arm-mounted display, the Profile's can only tilt a bit. Worse, it inexplicably uses an analog connection to the video circuitry rather than the digital standard. It required repeated adjustment to deliver its best picture, which still wasn't as good as the iMac's. To this silly design flaw I blow a raspberry of my own. "

That's important to me. It should be important to anyone buying a computer, right?

-SJ.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> This is one of the few pro-Compaq articles <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure, in the heat of the moment, you meant to write Gateway. However, Compaq is equally icky. ;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Has anyone written the Pro-PC journalist of this article? His e-mail is posted under the article: [email protected] cranky.com :mad:

Isn't it time to send the Gateway boot-licker some fan mail ehMac-style?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Advice well taken. Though I still think it would be a sound idea to write a rational and calm letter to correct some of Mr. "raspberry"'s (hello stupid tag line!) misconceptions.

Keep it Mac. :cool:

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I would go one step further than this. If you even reply to this weenie then you will be validating his writing to some extent by admitting that you actually read his drivel. :rolleyes:

He can then point to those numbers when contract renewal time is up. he may also write other reviews where he slams Macs just to pad out his numbers with the hundreds (thousands?) of angry emails from mortally offended "sons of the light".

IMHO-ignore the little gnome and he may go away. Write to him and he will feed off of it. ;)

Just my thoughts on this.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
The iMac lacks standard keyboard, mouse, printer and serial ports. Well, to the best of my memory, the iMac has always had standard ports for keyboards, mice, printers and palms (that last thing anyone still uses serial for), it is called USB.

To the best of my knowledge, no mac has ever had a PS/2 Port (standard keyboard and mouse). I don;t recall having a parallel port (printer) or a "standard" serial port either. I use the term standard serial port lightly, as it has only been in recent years that they have finally settled on one freaking connector.

He does point out the biggest selling points of the iMac though, DVD-R, A digital display, a swing arm display, etc. it is just the tome of the article. I am sure that if he actually knew anything about Macs he would realise his mistakes.

Reminds me of the article I had to write into CPU (computer power user magazine) about, a review of the iBook. I got a fairly good response from both the editor and the author of the review, somehow though I don't think writing into this guy would be worth it.
Just ignore him, and hopfully he will go the way of John "The iBook is Girly" Dvorak and all the other naysayers who have been trying to tear doan Apple for the last 15 years.

--PB

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
These are all intelligent and thoughtful views.

I won't waste another thought on the twit. In all honesty, I don't care all that much; I just felt like being reactionary to procrastinate. It seems a symptom of the misguided student - at least when we act with little thought.

In any case, my childish side still wishes a horrible accident involving faulty Gateway computers (an oxymoron?) to afflict him.

Mwah ha ha ha!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
If he continues to churn out this kind of dreck then the hand of God will surely smite him down. ;)

Or...perhaps...the real thinking public will see him for what he is and, like us enlightened Mac users, ignore him.

Either way, he's goin down man.

YEAHHH!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We can all hope that he goes to a MacWorld Expo one day without his lead apron and gets zapped by Steve's reality distortion field. ;) Tee hee hee

·
Registered
259 Posts
Restraint, everybody. This guy will have a mailbox full of flame mail from Mac guys (and girls) from all over the world.

I've found that an angry letter does nothing to deflect anti-mac rhetoric. If anything, it makes a writer even more set in their PC ways, and reinforces the view that Mac users are a bunch of insane platform zealots.

Be proud. Be strong. Be subtle.

-SJ.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macnutt:
...the real thinking public will see him for what he is and, like us enlightened Mac users, ignore him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately, the real thinking public only makes up about 5% of the total, doesn't it? ;)

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Personally I think that the real thinking public makes up about 25% of humanity.....we just haven't gotten all of them to try out a Mac yet! :D

C'mon people...let's get with it!

There's work to be done! Damn the torpedoes and full steam ahead!

Vive la revoloucion!! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts