Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my previous work term I was hired by a company called OpenGraphics to port a Windows app to OS X. It runs on 10.1 and up.

During the testing phase I received an e-mail from a user who had unsuccesfully tried to run the app under OS 10.0. Up until that point my app did not check if it was running on a 10.0 system, so it would just crash inexplicably.... my bad.

I was appalled that ANYONE was still using 10.0, it had never even occured to me actually. I mean it was a free upgrade to 10.1 after all. Most software coming out for OS X these days seems to require at least some version of 10.1.

So I was just wondering if anyone is still using OS 10.0 around here? I sure wouldn't think so.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I suspect that there might be some reason people are using 10.0. However, none of them reflect having a legal copy of Mac OS X.

The "free" upgrade was only available if you presented the coupon that came with Mac OS X 10.0. And for some people, they would have to send in that proof and pay $20.00US shipping to get the 10.1 CD.

Otherwise they would have to visit a local retail sales place that had copies to give out (but only when you presented the coupon).

It could be this person also lost their coupons (or threw them away) and has stuck with 10.0 ever since.

And no, I cannot think of a reason why they would want to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts