Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a lady friend of mine decided to start looking at buying a new Mac. She was upgrading from a 601-based Powermac of ancient vintage.

So she goes into a Toronto retailer I'd best not identify, and notices they're selling a flat panel iMac for dirt cheap (about $1100) because it was a display model. It still was warrantied, so she figured what the heck and bought it on the spot.

She takes it home, unboxes it and sets it up.

Later she calls me and says there's something odd about it. "What's this iDVD? Is it a DVD player?"

"No, it's for making DVDs. What's it doing on there? It's only for Macs with DVD burners."

Well, a quick bit of checking finds it wasn't combo-drive equipped, but superdrive equipped -- and it wasn't a 15" flat panel (like the price tag said), it was a 17" model! And for just over a grand!

Talk about luck ...

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Very good deal!

Congrats.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If only it had been me ...

She doesn't appreciate her good fortune!

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Wow! And I thought I was lucky when I bought a just discontinued QS733 with a $500 discount, only to bring it home to find a Combo DVD-reader/CD-RW instead of a CD-RW.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow! That is awesome. Now I've got the itch to go bargain hunting

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Here at work we ordered a couple of G4-400's when they 1st came out ,upon turning one of them on I noticed that the cd tray looked kind of odd they made a mistake they had DVD-Burners and double the ram they should've come with

1 - 10 of 10 Posts