Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,114 Posts
Honestly and I hate to say this is a "generalization sort of way"... most people on the net are either complete door knobs, or complete door knobs whom are quick to point out "mistakes / mishaps / occurances" in everything relating to the net and would like to sue anyone.

These are the people whom I wish would join a koolaid-drinking cult and leave the rest of us to procreate or advance our species to something meaningfull and intelligent.

Seriously... it's almost as bad as the time I had a client e-mail me about replacing the software they downloaded -- just in case someone else might want to download it themselves. You know... because when you download software... it's not like you actually COPY the software, but transfer it from point A to point B... thus removing any chance that someone ELSE may download it as well...

ack. :rolleyes:

Alcohol becomes such a good friend to me these days...
:cool: :D

Anyway, back to my Glenlivet. :D

Cheers,

(p.s. this of course excludes ehMac folk ;))

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I bet that guy will not renew his ,mac account.
I know Apple isnt responsible but it is pretty bad when emails come days later.
Whats the point if it takes so long, the point is don't trust .mac for anything important., and they have the gual to charge $160 bucks can for this slow service, sheesh.
Mark

·
Canadian By Choice
5,140 Posts
Uhh.... any email can be delayed. We tend to assume that emails are sent instantaneously and arrive within seconds. This isn't the case and it's often hard to pinpoint the problem. The sending server, for example, can queue outgoing emails, there can be routing problems due to node outages and the receiving server may or may not immediately forward the email after its accepted it if it is also under load.

It usually works well and when there are problems there are systems in place to let you (the sender) know if the recipient didn't receive the email (usually just a notification that the sending server will keep trying).

Email is convenient but it isn't the best means to secure valuable transactions..... certainly not if they are at the last minute.

Not much chance of Apple doing anything about this, given that the other email services are exactly the same. And .Mac email is not slow - 99.99% of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I feel sorry for this guy. This is another "caveat emptor" scenario with buying on the web insted of with a real person. You just can't always trust things to be as they seem. The promoter was marketing through the net and the customer wasn't allowed entry to the concert because the information that the tickets needed to be picked up somewhere else was sent through a non-guaranteed delivery system and arrived after the fact, which can be proved. I think the promoter has a moral obligation to refund the ticket price if he chose a method to send important info that couldn't guarantee delivery on time (i.e. e-mail). The customer lived up to his obligations and showed up to get what he paid for, so he shouldn't be the one to get stuck. However, we all know that this world of ticket selling doesn't have any moral concern once they have your money. Everyone passes the buck when it comes to responsiblity and customer satisfaction. That's my feelings, anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Hello,

Why didn't this person use something called a telephone? Surely this person could have gotten voice confirmation over the phone. I'm sure the place that the tickets were purchased from had a phone. I think all businesses have phones, even ones who do most of their work over the Internet.

James

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
On the other hand, I have never had to wait for any email with my iTools/dot-mac account. They all arrive promptly and on time. I have never had any of the problems that people across the net are talking about with delays or service outages. Well, there was one service outage, but Apple sent me an email apologiseing for it about 3 hours after I could connect again.

As to the terms of service, why do you assume he even read them? Most people do not. They juck click "I Agree" and move on, assuming that it is the same terms of service for every service.

--PB

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
This reminds me of communication at the office. Some people rely on email too much, and on top of that send an email to one person, that person is off sick, so of course the email didn't get read and actioned by that person. If something's urgent, phone, that's what we got phones for.

I tend to remind people to send emails to so-and-so and CC their backup and the project leader.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.