Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since shopping the ehMac classifieds lately, I have been finding that their are lots of Powerbooks showing up that have already been sold or have no one responding. I would recommend that sellers look over their posts and mark "sold" accordingly. It's really frustrating eyeing up a sale only to find out it sold a year ago or more.

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
Thanks for posting this, csonni.

I find that encountering the dead ads deligitimises the ehMac classifieds as a whole.
When I'm looking for a specific item and I keep finding ads where the seller doesn't respond or eventually writes a terse "Sold last Spring" response (like I'm an idiot for enquiring about their item for sale), I eventually become reticent to look at the ehMac ads.

Please posters, let's keep track of our ads and clean them up for eveyone's sake.

Also, on the Ottawa Mac Users group classifieds (MUGOO.COM), I notice they have only about 2 - 3 pages of ads in the classifieds, with staler ads being moved to a seperate "Old or Sold" page. This might also help on ehMac, but I'd rather just see all posters taking responsibility for their ads.

Sorry if I'm coming off as chiding. I know this issue isn't life-threatening or anything, and the ehMac classifieds are very well set-up and easy to use.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I find that encountering the dead ads deligitimises the ehMac classifieds as a whole.
When I'm looking for a specific item and I keep finding ads where the seller doesn't respond or eventually writes a terse "Sold last Spring" response (like I'm an idiot for enquiring about their item for sale), I eventually become reticent to look at the ehMac ads.

Please posters, let's keep track of our ads and clean them up for eveyone's sake.
Agreed, and well put. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Another thing is... I don't think a lot of people who post their systems on here are frequent posters..

They create an account just to sell their goods and once its sold.. they forget about it... Either that or they simply forget about it..

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Another thing is... I don't think a lot of people who post their systems on here are frequent posters..

They create an account just to sell their goods and once its sold.. they forget about it... Either that or they simply forget about it..
Not necessarily a bad thing unless their legtimacy comes into question.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I think all classifieds should just expire in 5, 7 or 10 days. Period. If the seller is interested enough in getting it sold, they'll relist if it expires. And, hopefully, with a lower price because it didn't sell to begin with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts