Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that so many update with Software Update, when it is possible to download the standalone update and save it to the drive if ever needed later? I haven't used Software Update much, but is there an option to actually save the update for later uses, such as on another computer? Apple usually doesn't have the standalone available until some time after the release through Software Update.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Through Software Update you can download the standalone with the feature "Install and Keep package" under the Update Menu. A lot of people don't know that.

Kill two birds with one stone ;) That is in Panther though, not sure if it was in Jaguar or not.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what would be nice is a sort of download manager with Software Update to where you can pause the download and pick it back up again, such as with iGetter or Mozilla download feature. I do lots of pausing, especially if I start a 30+ meg download in waking hours with my dial up service.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well what do you know! I didn't know that. Maybe I'll start using Software Update a bit more then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts