Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i just registered my new 17PB today, and I was given a free one susbsription to various Apple magazines.. Naturally, I picked MacWorld...

The interesting part was, when I registered, the website gave me an option of either an electronic copy of the publication or a hard copy of the magazine delivered by snail mail...

I was adventurous (given that it was a freebie and I already had the hard copy subscription to MacWold), I chose the electronic one...

Wow! immediately upon registration, I was sent an email to dowload the Zinio application used to view the magazine. Upon dowloading, I opened Zinio and, guess what, the November issue had arrived. It looked and feel like the hard copy.. and with the 17in PB, viewing the electronic version was effortless.. No more mail!

I only wished they had the Globe and Mail newspaper electronically as well.. I would definitely prefer the electronic copy !!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I signed up for a free trial via electronic copy as well, but I never did get the free issue.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
So...what...was MacAddict not available?
LOL

MacAddict rocks compared to Macworld, I agree completely with you!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, it wasnt available... Never did like MacAddict... beatiful to look at but no substance underneath!

·
Registered
255 Posts
MacAttack,

You can read the Globe online.

Rod

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rodkin,

Nope, reading online (i.e. globe website is not the same as reading the paper)...

Apparently, you can get the exact print of the G&M electronicially with this site http://www.newsstand.com/?nsemc=nsiconvg01

Unfortunately, it's for PCs only not mac

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Mac addict used to be good, I got it from 1999 till 2001.

But by 2001, it was just superficial garbage.

Unfortunately, it seems Macworld is joining it, but I think my Macworld subscription doesn't expire till November 2006 or something,

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I too got Macworld electronically. I too wish it had been Macaddict. The latter used to beat the pants off the former in my opinion. Each to his own I guess eh guys?

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
MacAddict may be "superficial garbage" but it still beats MacWorld hands down IMHO.

And why the heck would anyone want to read the Globe and Mail (Grope and Flail)...either online or in print? Especially with the National Post easily available pretty much everywhere? :confused: ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts