Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm jealous. I would have loved to go xc skiing today. We got about 8 cm in Peterborough between yesterday and this morning, but it's melting. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Yucky. It was snowing in Ottawa yesterday during the day. No accumulation though.

I pity you.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
As much as I detest the onslaught of winter, I must say Ma Nature sure knows how to paint a pretty picture, huh?

Thanks, RtC.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That looks great! I, for one, love winter. It's like a different world when blanketed in snow. Just take it easy when driving!

This IS Canada, so get used to it! :D The land of 4 seasons! It sure doesn't snow like it used to, that's for sure :(

The winter we don't have snow, is when I'll be worried. When that happens you'll know for sure we've screwed up our environment big-time.

Griller
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
The Horror!!!!
Is this some cruel joke? Say it aint so.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
Rick, this is a cruel joke. I was just out mowing the lawn for a final time and planting my last tulip bulbs. Say it is not coming this way!!!!!!!!!! Two winters ago, St. John's had a record 21 feet of snow. Amazingly, the city was only shut down for a total of 2 1/2 days from Dec. to April. We also experienced the warmest summer since 1880, so I guess we are living proof that we need some form of a Kyoto accord acted upon (signing means nothing if we don't act upon it ASAP).

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
The first snowfall is always so pretty but unfortunately it doesn't take long to take on a drab, dirty appearance in Toronto.

Personally, I like to see snow once a year then I'd prefer not to see anymore until the following year.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
Rick, an inch an hour is not that bad so long as you don't have the typical St. John's inch an hour snowfall that lasts 24 hours. Add to this a 50+kph wind and you get drifts that have covered cars overnight. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
I feel for ya buddy.
How about some SCSI Voodoo for a Mac guy.
Try putting some of those old SCSI terminators in your freezer and do a little dance around a green iMac.
SCSI = Stop Crying Shovel It

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Hmmmm....I don't mean to make the rest of you feel bad or anytyhing but it was 14C and sunny today here on the island. A touch of frost last night but quite warm and nice during the day. Five months now with only a touch of rain. October had only 14mm as opposed to the standard october rainfall of 150+mm.

Like the energizer bunny, our run of great weather just keeps on going...and going....

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
If it is any consolation...Ottawa will get its first snowfall (that stays on the ground) tomorrow. However...it's only 5cm or so. But still...snow is snow.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I went north this weekend to Apsley, halfway between Peterborough and Bancroft. Much better if you like snow. Almost enough to ski on. Snow is almost gone in Peterborough, but this bodes well for the ski season.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Please make the snow go away. It frightens me and makes my shoes soggy.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Better you then us Rick. If we had received 20 + of snow in the GTA, good old Mayor Mel need to call in the army.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
Csonni, glad to see that you are using our new provincial postal designation of NL. I am told that this is also the designation for the Netherlands. I teach various web courses in literacy education for the Faculty of Education here at MUN, and have had students from Labrador thank me for bringing these courses to them online, rather than forcing them to come to St.John's.

We had a few cm of snow here in St. John's, and it is much colder than normal. I fear that the world's weather is totally messed up. We shall see..............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts