ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Anyone know of a way to send and receive text messages on the iPod Touch using the Mail app?

I've done some research but haven't been able to work it. I'll settle for using Safari to send texts if possible, but I'd like to get Mail to do it so I can get notified of incoming reply messages.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Check out this. I've tried it with Rogers and it is a bit of a pain. When you get a text from an email, you first receive a text notifying of of the message from ____ and then have to reply with Read, and then they send you another text with the message.

I don't know about receiving texts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
They do this on purpose to make sure someone gets billed for the text messages (in this case, the person receiving them). Since Rogers doesn't actually charge for incoming text messages...they can weasel the charge out of you by forcing you to make an outgoing SMS in order to read the email.

Oddly enough, the Fido service doesn't do this...but unfortunately it also doesn't work properly most of the time (it's not uncommon to get messages hours to even days after they're sent), so I'm stuck using the Rogers one anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts