Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I had bought the core duo a month before they announced the c2d..I was so mad. I went to Detroit to fly out on business and had it stolen in the security check point. Long story short my company replaced it and I got the new c2d. It was a bitter sweet moment. The N cards are fabulous, I can pick up public wireless like no bodies business, even compared to the duo macbooks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Okay, so I know that performing this upgrade myself would void my Applecare, what about if I get a AASP to perform the upgrade, would it still void my warranty, and how much do you think it would cost?

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
where does one purchase one of those cards? and can the apple store install it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
where does one purchase one of those cards? and can the apple store install it?
Well I saw a few on eBay or any AASP should be able to order it for you, but I'm not entirely confident that I can do this myself, I'm afraid I might screw up somewhere. And I seriously doubt the Apple store will do it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as there's no soldering involved...

It seems like it'd be relatively easy. One great trick I heard of involves double sided tape and labels so you know which screw came from where (especially that Motherboard screw they mention). The only thing I'd really be worried about is getting the old card out without damaging it incase the install has to be reversed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts