Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best software to help run a small business with?

I have some experience with QuickBooks (PeeCee version), but was hoping to get a program that is not too expensive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We have used Macs in our business for years. For accounting purposes MYOB has served us well, but unfortunatley it is no longer supported in Canada. Basically means you can't get support or new payroll tables.

My wife is our bean counter (book keeper), she tried Quickbookds didn't like it. Also tried Simply Accounting, but didn't like it because once you created an invoice you could not reopen and edit it. This may have changed in newer versions. Simply accounting has also incorporated a POS system.

We use a program called Shop Keeper for POS. It is based on Filemaker Pro. It seems to be fine, easy to use. You can check it out on the net www.shopkeeper.com

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
QuickBooks is available for Mac, and I believe is still bundled with the Powerbooks.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
There's a new version of QuickBooks Pro (version 6), that's in beta right now. It ought to be released soon. Having used it quite extensively for the past few months, I can vouch that it's a rock-solid tool for Canadian businesses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts