ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been getting beachballs and sluggish performance with Contacts on my Mac. I'm sure I'll be updating to Big Sur this Fall which will most likely take care of it, but, in the meantime, is it just a simple trashing of a pref file?

·
Premium Member
15,388 Posts
I'm sure I'll be updating to Big Sur this Fall which will most likely take care of it, but, in the meantime, is it just a simple trashing of a pref file?

Never assume or expect that updating to a New Operating System will fix a problem, unless it is a generally known problem which I do not believe it is.

Lately I've been getting beachballs and sluggish performance with Contacts on my Mac.
Your other possibility here is suggest that they get out and go to the gym and do some proper exercise workouts that might get them back into shape. :D

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm now running Big Sur. Contacts have sped up a bit, but I'm having strange behaviour with it. Groups are being duplicated and most annoying, I attempt to create a new Group and it fails to be created. I also try to share Contacts via email and when trying to Send, all I keep getting is "in the process of being loaded." What a buggy one! I trashed the 3 files suggested here with no improvement. https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10581

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think a Clean Install is in order this weekend. Haven't done one since Sierra. Hopefully that will clear things up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts