Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technically speaking it is a Cardbus slot, but most mac users dont so much notice the difference as there really arent that many cards to begin with (the difference is PCMCIA is 16bit and Cardbus is 32bit).

If you have a newer TiBook, the video card you already have is probably better for dual monitors than the Card linked above.

--PB

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
The card that it linked above is really only for a more flexible use for the PowerBook, It's only 4 mb of video ram.
It's especially good for older PowerBooks.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
When I get nervous, I play with the push pin, kinda like a nervous twitch...

in - out, push - push, in - out, push - push, in - out :D

[ May 14, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Heart ]

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Yes,
That push pin thingy can be a pain sometimes, I've accidently left it in the out position and found that the laptop wouldn't fit in my bag properly, Then I'd notice that the pin was in the out position.

I'm affraid it's going to snap off one of these days, Why couldn't Apple have come up with a better eject method?

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I have a TI-Book and am wondering what the slot is for which is located on the left of the machine (with the push in pin).

Thanks.

Can video be upgraded?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The slot on the left is a PCMCIA slot. You can add things like wireless cards, network cards, or modems through the PCMCIA slot. You can also purchase PCMCIA/Compact Flash (or SmartMedia or MemoryStick) adapters to read data off your digital camera via the PCMCIA slot. It's a lot faster than hooking your camera up via USB.

It can't be used to upgrade video, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts